CalenGoo gives you a fast and easy way to access and modify your Google Calendar with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It can also be used when you have no Internet connection, using the cached data. Changes are saved and uploaded the next time you are connected.
The calendar view is similar to the web view of Google Calendar. Events are displayed using the same calendar colors that you use in your Google Calendar, even Google's event colors are supported (please see http://www.calengoo.com/cc ). It also recognizes which calendars are visible and which are hidden. So the view should match the view of your Google Calendar as much as possible.
CalenGoo also has a month view similar to that of Google Calendar. It can be zoomed and panned to quickly get an overview over the events of a month. Zooming the month is done by using the two-finger-zoom gesture that you know from Safari and the photo application. A double tap opens the tapped day.
It also supports the same kinds of recurrence rules as Google Calendar and displays recurring events correctly even when you are offline or scroll far into the future.
You can also use Google Calendar's feature to invite people to events and see their status (accepted, declined, maybe, no answer). They will get an invitation email with links to e.g. accept or decline the invitation.
Google Calendar has an integrated task list, called Google Tasks. Tasks with a due date are displayed on the corresponding days of the calendar. CalenGoo can do the same, it can sync this list, display your tasks in the calendar views and in a list view and it even makes your tasks available offline. You can edit and add tasks and the changes will be synced with Google Tasks.
You either need a (free) Google Calendar account to use this app or you can use it with your iOS calendars. However using it with Google Calendar has a few advantages.
To get more information, screenshots and a tutorial, please go to http://www.calengoo.com
If you have any problems or suggestions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at CalenGoo's support website to get help.
If you think the font is too small and hard to read, you can increase the font size of all calendar views in the settings under "Settings", "Display and Use".
Features ( http://www.calengoo.com ):
- Drag&drop to quickly copy and move events
- Templates to quickly create similar events again. They can even be combined, e.g. one template for the location of an event and another for the attendees
- Print/PDF function to print the day, week, month or agenda view via AirPrint or to email it as a PDF file
- Supports the same recurrence rules as Google Calendar
- Supports Google Calendar's event colors when syncing via OAuth2
- Icons can be assigned to Google Calendar events
- Date/time can be entered using the iOS wheels or by using a keypad
- Fast search function
- Show/edit iOS calendars in addition to Google calendars (or instead of Google calendars)
- Sync with Google Tasks and iOS Reminders
- Reminders can be snoozed and they can be (optionally) repeated every minute
- Birthdays and anniversaries of your contacts can be displayed
- Zoomable month view, which can be configured to scroll horizontally (month by month) or vertically (week by week)
- Events can be linked to contacts
- Floating events and completable events
- Photos and PDF files can be created and attached to events (via Google Drive)
- Calendar selection bar to quickly show and hide single calendars
- The location of an event can be opened with Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Skobbler, Sygic, iGo or Waze
- View/edit calendars that are shared with others via Google Calendar
- Many configuration options to change the way the app looks and works
Bug fix for iPads
Ratings and Reviews
What the iOS calendar should be
I've used Calengoo since its inception and the app has expanded greatly since then, particularly in the way it accommodates email from non-google providers, Evernote, Google Drive, etc. The app has an enormous degree of customization available to the user that should solve any use case, whether its technical operation or as simple as customizing colors to ones liking. That said, it can be confusing as times when I'm unsure of setting nomenclature or the reason for the existence of a particular switch (some redundancy no doubt is a function of iOS and Google development), but to be clear--more options are better than fewer. My advise is to periodically backup settings, particularly before making changes so reverting is made simple. Calengoo's out of the box settings work well but after 8+/- years of use I'm sure many of us believe ours our better, especially our colors. The developer has been active in continuously improving the app and responds quickly to questions...and beyond our initial investment he's never asked for another dime. I suspect App Store sales are pretty mature by now and would definitely support the purchase a Calengoo v2 to support the app and sustain its existence.
BTW: Anyone know why my original review I've modified for years completely disappeared, necessitating this rewrite??
Love it!! (5 year user)
Support staff is responsive and awesome. Each calendar and activity is just the unique color I want. Any time I have something I don't like, it's user error and they are happy to help me.
I love that I have form and beauty here. Some apps take away the words on the monthly calendar and replace with colorful bars... Or some other useless thing. With this one, I can go to month view and still see all my events. It looks good and works great!
It syncs perfectly. It works great with google (including matching to my 8 calendar colors) and does all that google tasks can do (and a little more, like put all overdue tasks on today, and view multiple task folders). The new floating task feature has changed the way I do my GTD system and I can check off when I have completed events.
This app has been my calendar app of choice for 5 years.... By far the app that has lived longest on my phone. (I shop and upgrade a lot.) It is interesting how this app used to be one of a kind, and now there are a few copycats, but this one still seems to have the most features that are integrated the best.
Best part: I'm always finding new fun features to get more out of it! I regularly check out the expert options and always find new things to get out of the calendar.
Highly recommend it!
The one app you will never be sorry to have!
Seldom have I used an app as good as CalenGoo. I've been using it for years on my iPhones and iPads. It is the Swiss army knife of calendars. It is simple to use, yet highly complex and functional. Not only is it the finest calendar app available, the tech support is unprecedented. I recently had an issue with syncing it on my iPhone and had to contact its developer. To my surprise, Dominique was so responsive and helpful, it felt like we were in the same room. It took several steps to finally fix the problem but the support was done with patience, consideration, and the kind of help beyond traditional tech support. You want to download this app not only because of it's superb features but also knowing you will have professional help if needed. Dominique will treat you like your best friend.
- Dominique Andr Gunia
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Burmese, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Dominique Andre Gunia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.