California Earthquake Faults
By Innovative Solutions
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
California Earthquake Faults shows your current location or a location you specify, faults in California and approximate distances to those faults. There are 5 screens:
1. Fault Maps: Current or found location, names and distances to the closest 4 faults and a selection of 4 views:
(a) nearby faults (you can zoom into the 4 closest)
(b) faults in the San Francisco Bay Area
(c) faults in southern California
(d) faults in California
Tapping a fault will display its name.
2. Distances: Names, distances and color coding of the closest 44 (iPhone) or 70 (iPad) faults
3. Find: Find the nearest faults to a location you specify
4. App Info
5. App Settings
For a complete description, go to http://www.calfaults.com.
Locations and distances are updated in real time so you can see how close you are to major faults when traveling.
There are many types of faults in California including: active/inactive, large/small and some that haven't been discovered yet. This app shows 115 of California's largest and most active faults. It does not show all faults.
Runs on iPhone 5-7 and SE, iPad 2-4, iPad mini 1-4, iPad Air 1-2 and iPad Pro 9.7/12.9. Requires IOS 8.4 or later and an active cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
What's New in Version 2.11
- Added over 20 new faults
- Uses native resolution of devices
- Requires Internet access via cellular or WiFi connection
- Improved error handling
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 22, 2016
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Solutions
- © 2012-2016 Innovative Solutions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.