California Roads - CHP Traffic Reports & Cameras
By Katerina Antonopoulou
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Live CHP traffic reports and cameras for California. View up-to-the-minute California Highway Patrol logs. Save your favorite cameras for quick access. Includes a full CHP glossary. Check before you drive to save time and money.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is color coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is color-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name, the type of incident and when the incident log was updated.
- The detail view shows the description and log of the incident together with a map showing the location.
- Full search functionality, works across both the list and map views.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVORITES
- Save your favorite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- Shows at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents without launching the app.
- Toggle traffic information on the map (iOS9/10 only).
- Toggle auto refresh of camera images (will refresh every 10 seconds).
- Toggle always show map on app launch.
- Toggle roadworks on/off.
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
- Quick access to a full CHP glossary of terms to help you interpret traffic reports.
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!
What's New in Version 1.1
-Search function on the list screen.
-Additional filter for showing roadworks on the settings screen.
-New setting to enable auto refresh of camera images (will refresh every 10 seconds).
-New setting to always show map on app launch.
-Additional incident icons on map: chain control and fog.
-And a new icon!
-Fix formatting of incident description on detail view.
As always I really appreciate your reviews, so please keep them coming, it's especially important after a new release as all ratings are reset. Thanks :-)
Not even close
I’m sorry but this app is nothing even close to the old CHP Traffic app that is no longer supported by iOS 11. The list view is extremely lame and impossible to read and the “FAVORITES” is nothing but mostly non working cam photos. The other CHP app showed you a very comprehensive and complete list with info on each traffic incident out of each CHP dispatch office in your selected favorites.
Also the map in this app seems to be just a link to google map traffic but within the app the traffic is VERY slow to load and update. Not current traffic info at all. Just go to google maps for more info than you will get with this hard to read app. The traffic incidents display as how many miles away from you. You select severe or moderate but I want to see just what’s on my home and the freeways I drive. I could care less what’s happening 5 miles away from me on some highway I never drive.
Very lame and not even worth the $2 and I never complain about the price of an app.
Apart from the initial issues with the app it looks to be a solid program. Hopefully the servers stay stable!
Previous review: All traffic data is over 12 hours old. If I wanted to know what accidents happened 12 hours ago this would be awesome.
Now I just want my money back. :(
App is very easy to use, traffic cameras work great, now if it only had a built in scanner so you could hear the CHP, but as it stands this is prob the best app on the store right now for getting info on what's going on around you
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 01, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Katerina Antonopoulou
- © Andrew Sinclair and Katerina Antonopoulou
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.