Use this app to browse Caltrans traffic info including Caltrans CCTVs, lane/road closures, chain control info, and changeable message signs.
Every 10 minutes each Caltrans traffic camera is archived separately and kept for 24 hours. This is useful for viewing developing weather conditions, construction, heavy traffic, etc.
All closures and Caltrans CCTVs are on a Google Map with the current traffic layer.
This app is not affiliated with Caltrans or Google.
There is a fixed banner ad from Google on the bottom of app's content.
- Live images come from my server now, not Caltrans. So, I am caching Caltrans images. I noticed the Caltrans servers were poor for serving these images. Lots of lag before. Lag gone now. All archived images were always hosted on my server, so they didn't have this issue.
- Removed Google StreetView from the app.
- Fix for occasional crashes when data comes back from Caltrans in a bad format. This usually only happens for CCTV camera data. So now, you will at least be able to see road closures, etc. when the CCTV data gets a little off from Caltrans. Caltrans does eventually correct all issues, it just takes them some time, and it's variable.
- Fix for pins not being centered on the map for some iPad screens.
- Fix for blank space when removing legacy ads.
- Minor performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app just got better
The developer is responsive, fixes issues right away, explains future developments and replies quickly. Easily worth the .99 cents. I'll be purchasing his California Wild Fire app as soon as fire season hits again.
Wanna see what's happening b4 u go??
This a great app to check traffic before it happens. If you'll gotta check times before you do a photo shoot in LA, ayyy this is yo app.
Works well, very responsive developer
- David Gross
- 21.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 David Gross
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads Permanently $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.