Our Callcentric App has been revamped from the ground up with a modern interface, SMS Support, and expanded functionality for our popular Click2Dial Feature.
*To use this app you must have Callcentric VoIP Service
**SMS Feature requires that you have an active SMS Access Plan on your Callcentric Account
**MMS (group messaging, messages with attachments, etc) IS NOT currently supported
****Click2Dial IS NOT a true softphone client; it is a call bridging feature that gives you the ability to use your Callcentric Service to place calls from any phone
NOW SUPPORTING SMS!
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
We now support SMS on ALL of our US/Canada Numbers! Getting started is easy, all you need to do is activate one of our SMS Access Plans on your Callcentric Account and install our new app on your iOS Device. That's it!
With our new app, you can:
•Send/Receive SMS Messages in real-time
• Enable/Disable SMS Functionality on any of your US/Canada Numbers
SAVE MONEY AND EXTEND YOUR REACH WITH OUR POPULAR CLICK2DIAL FEATURE!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
With our Click2Dial Call Bridging Feature you can use your iOS Device to place calls using your Callcentric Account to destinations anywhere in the world.
With Click2Dial you can:
• Save money on international calls when traveling or at home by placing them from your Callcentric Account rather than at expensive cellular rates
• Place calls using the CallerID of your Callcentric Numbers from any phone
• Make calls from areas where no cellular signal is available but you have access to WiFi
Using Click2Dial is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
• STEP 1 - Enter the "Callback Number" that you would like to use to "bridge" your calls from. This can be your iPhone Number, hotel room, office phone, etc.
• STEP 2 - Dial the "Destination number" you want to call and tap the "Initiate Callback" button on the keypad
• STEP 3 - Our system calls you on your "Callback Number", you answer and then are automatically connected to the "Destination Number" you dialed. THAT'S IT!
OTHER APP HIGHLIGHTS:
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
• Our simple, clean interface and built-in tutorial will shorten the learning curve and get you up and running in minutes
• Call other Callcentric Customers on their 1777#, even if they don't have a "real" phone number
• Send/Receive SMS Messages on multiple numbers all from a single device
• Place calls or send messages directly from your "Contacts" or "Call Logs"
• Check your account balance in real-time
Access to Contacts (Optional):
• Used to properly show the Name Information if the Phone Number matches with an entry in your iPhone/iPad Contacts. Your Contact list will NEVER to be uploaded to Callcentric. Data is used locally within the app. We do not have access to your Contacts outside of the app.
- Fixed the way Callcentric icon appears on iPad.
- Fixed the issue with On Screen Keypad covering the LOGIN button on iPads. After entering the Credentials you can now hide the keypad by clicking the "Return" key.
- Fixed a character encoding bug on the password field which prevented some Users from Signing-In.
Ratings and Reviews
It works as advertised. Enter a phone number to call and you immediately receive a callback to the number you configured in the app settings. When you answer the callback you hear the phone ringing at the number you're calling. The app isn't a VOIP phone; it's a 2-step call initiator and it works.
So far so good
Thus far, I've used it where I have a wireless connection and works fine. I have been using Callcentric on my iPhone with Acrobits for a couple of years and that too works fine but this app's call-back design can be useful in certain circumstances.
Just have to make sure you add you cell phone number were it says 'My Number'. You also have to be sure you have cell phone service where you are located.
Nice that it tells you your balance. Nice looking app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.