Why Did We Do It
Children often have lots of fears and anxieties. Bullying, panic attacks, uncontrollable tantrums, test anxiety, darkness, public speaking, waking up at nights: all of these are real and can paralyze a child. In today’s fast paced world, stress in children is getting more common. What looks like misbehavior is often inability to cope with stress.
We want kids to have an ability to deal with everyday problems. We know that meditation enables kids to do so. Yet we also know that most of the time kids find meditation boring and do not want to do it.
What is Our Solution
Developed by a child psychologist, based on her work with hundreds of children, our stories teach children meditations to help cope with common fears and anxieties. Children will listen to a story and may not even realize that what they are listening to is a meditation. As a result, children will be better able to acknowledge, verbalize and control their feelings.
How Are We Different
1. Our stories are spoken by a child because hearing a meditation spoken by a child of the same age is incredibly empowering.
2. Our stories are not typical meditations. Each is a story that the child can listen to and empathize with. Children will focus on their breath - but they will do so as part of the story! Therefore they won’t complain about it being boring.
3. Our stories are written for specific fears and anxieties. We are not hiding from any fears that your child may have.
We encourage you to listen to these stories with your children and to talk to them about it.
Minor changes and bug fixes!
Ratings and Reviews
Very helpful for my kids
- Katya Sverdlov
- 36.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Calm Child, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Scary House $0.99
- All Tracks $2.99
- Dragon and Dolphin $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.