This iOS application will do the following when using the Apple Watch and iPhone.
1. Allow farmworkers to receive notifications when the temperature exceeds a certain threshold of 95 degrees, so that that farmworkers working in the fields take their legally mandated break for water, shade, and rest.
2. Allow farm workers to receive notifications in the fields based off weather data and reminder messages from farm managers during their work day.
3. Track workers' steps and heart rates using HealthKit to monitor their activity levels.
4. Host short educational articles, videos, and quizzes to educate farm workers about how to ensure their own safety and health such as what to wear, eat, and drink to prepare for work in the fields as well understand their legal rights on the job.
Ratings and Reviews
For use by minimum wage earning workers in fields via luxury items iphone and apple watch; really?
It is a lot cheaper, realistic and effective to encourage persons to be mindful of heat and water issues on actual work sites by means of clear communication and reasonable access to remedies: had the smiling developers of this app lent their efforts towards such an efficacious end, I would have cause for applause; instead, I find myself wondering why these developers position themselves to receive praise when all they have accomplished is place useful information in an out of reach (for those to whom it is intended) chandelier.
Do better before you allow yourself to be paraded on a stage for praise; this is a sad commentary on how disconnected you are.
I love this
This app has great potential for helping workers and people around the world. I applaud the developers/creators for thinking of and creating such a life-changing app. In due time, I am certain these developers will come up with more great ideas like this in the future to help the world.
So simple its useless
I’m using it and it’s just reminding you to stay in shade or cover up and drink more water. You spent 60k on making this??? I’d expect more...
- Focus Ventures, Inc.
- 71 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Latina Legacy Foundation, a certified non-profit 501 3C
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.