Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and most effective weight loss and dieting app on the market. Best of all, FatSecret is free.
The app is customized for US foods and brands.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch and supports terrific Complications for your watch faces.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight to the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and includes integration with external tools and services to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app, and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals for all your calories and macros.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals.
- Notifications for support, comments and followers.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
Premium subscriptions are available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals. Premium users get:
- Advanced Meal Planning: plan ahead and know in advance how many calories each meal contains
- Custom Meal Headings: Six additional meal types that allow you to spread your food intake across multiple points in the day
- Water Tracking: so you can make sure you reach a daily water intake goal
If you choose to upgrade to FatSecret Premium, we offer a range of subscription options. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. Subscriptions can be managed through your iTunes account after purchase. It is not possible to refund or cancel a subscription during the period.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app and welcome user feedback.
Premium subscriptions are now available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals
- Meal Planning: plan what you’ll eat weeks in advance and know your calorie and macro targets before you start
- Custom Meal headings: add up to six additional meal types throughout the day
- Water Tracking: make sure you reach a daily water intake goal
Ratings and Reviews
I love using fatsecret. The diary and logs and support from other users is excellent and so helpful in my weightless journey. Love the fact that you can set your own macros and calories or have it calculated for you. Tracking is mostly easy and the library of foods is extensive. That being said I noticed sometimes, not all the time, they are a little off. For example my protein I use has 3 grams sugar and when I scan the barcode the app says 0 sugar. So for people who are needing to be exact on their counts you need to just double check that they have it correctly in the system. Also, when you get notifications that someone has responded to your diary log you have to go through some steps to get to the exact message. I wish the notification center would take you directly to the message for easy reply or viewing. Only other complaint is that you have to use the online version to change your profile picture and get access to certain features but that isn't a deal breaker for me. The app does everything you need it to. Other than that I love this app and will continue using it.
Comprehensive weight loss app that's easy to use!
This is the best weight loss app ever. I have used a few others but they do not compare. You can customize what you want to track, whether carbs, protein, fat etc. It also gives you the full nutritional breakdown of your meals, including salt and cholesterol percentages which is awesome. The recipes are fantastic and you can even participate in community conversations with fellow app users for those that want support. Adding food/recognizing label codes are super easy to do. My 5 stars are more like 4.5 stars. I took off half a star because a few times the barcode reader can be a bit off when scanning items. exp...The label may say 10 carbs or calories etc, but what is registered may be a higher or lower number. So at the end of the day your total count may be off by a few digits. Not sure if it is the fault of the app or the barcode. Either way, it is a mild nuisance that doesn't occur often enough to be problematic. With that being said, the app is awesome and I 100% recommend it.
I have been using the app for two weeks now, primarily the diet diary function. I appreciate the wide variety of options when I search for a particular food. However, the app freezes while I'm searching and adding foods during almost every meal entry. Any items that I have "saved" are lost. I have to fully close the app, re-open, and re-enter lost items for that meal. It's frustrating. Also, I took off a star of the horrible, tacky name "FatSecret". What kind of name is that? Is the app calling users fat? Is the app a secret cure to fatness? It sounds unprofessional.
Finally, there are issues with the customized daily caloric intake. In settings, I altered the standard 2000 calorie preset. But, the diary homepage does not register the change unless I go into settings and then navigate back to the diary. To be clear, the customized caloric intake shows on the settings page, but the diary does not get the message unless I navigate to settings and back. I have to do that every. single. time. I'm using the free version, but it's a low blow to make the free version buggy just so I'm tempted to pay for the subscription.
If I understand your first point correctly, it's that your recently eaten foods are not being populated? We had a defect in that part of the app which was fixed for 8.0.2 - if you update to that version it should correct the issue.
We will investigate the issue with the RDI edits not updating to the diary. Thank you for pointing this out. In the meantime can you send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which version of iOS you are using, and the model of iphone you have (mark it to my attention).
For what it's worth, we don't intentionally make the free version buggy to encourage people to upgrade. There's just a lot of really old code in there that has degraded over time (we're always working to improve it, we just don't have a big team so can't always fix everything).
- Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- 66.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 FatSecret
- In-App Purchases
- Quarterly Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Subscription $6.49
- Annual Subscription $38.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.