Calorie Counter by FatSecret
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and diet tracker for weight loss.
FatSecret is the most effective weight loss and dieting program. Best of all, FatSecret is 100% free.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and most supportive community. Connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch.
The app is integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight with the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and has all the cool tools to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app also syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app so there's plenty more goodies to come ;)
What's New in Version 7.2.2
- Buddies has been updated to a follower/following relationship which continues to respect your privacy settings
- Share your journal, weigh-ins and food entries with others who follow you to get encouragement and support. Be inspired by others you follow
- App now remembers your last screen viewed, even if you don’t use it for several days
- App also remembers your feed filter setting on the community feed on Home
good but needs a few features to be really great
first off this app has a lot of really good features that my fitness pal did not have such as a net carb setting and ability to share your entire food journal with someone. there are a few features that the app needs though to really compete with MFP though.
1. the ability to scan ingredients in the recipe builder, and the recipe builder needs more units of measurement. that's a big downside.
2. it would be great if the app had more of the features seen on the desktop version. sometimes the app feels clunky and not as intuitive.
3. it would be nice if there was a way to share recipes with buddies, especially on mobile app. it would be nice to be able to make a meal, put the recipe in the app and be able to share that with my husband so that he doesn't have to put the same exact recipe in the database too.
4.sugar alcohols need to be subtracted from net carbs.
5. there needs to be more units of measure available for charting.
but on the whole the mobile app is far less bloated and annoying than myfitnesspal. here's to hoping for some improvement to make it truly great!
Does most of what the PC App does
Still has a few things that drive me nuts about it! The community is great! The app developers are supportive. But you can't see challenges or bulletin board posts or private messages or other people's diaries from the smartphone apps. And for me, these are where it's at. I don't want to have to log on to my computer or laptop to access the full functionality of their site. My phone goes with me and is what keeps me on track and the time I use to access this app is in "fill in" moments" not huge blocks I would use to sit down at my PC. So the smartphone apps need to get with it!
Keeps me accountable
Having a daily budget of calories (calculated for me based on my physiology and my goals) is helping me plan meals better. Most of the foods I eat are in the database, which is nice, and if they're not, I can input my own data. So far, I'm on track with reaching my goal and seeing that keeps me motivated to continue making healthy choices.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 7.2.2
- Size: 75.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- © 2017 FatSecret
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.