Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest-to-use calorie counter for iOS. With the largest food database by far (over 5,000,000 foods) and amazingly fast and easy food and exercise entry, we'll help you take those extra pounds off! And all 100% FREE! There is no better diet app - period.
• Consumer Reports #1 rated diet
• PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Selection
• #1 Health and Fitness app for 4 years straight
Also featured in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Wired, USA Today, Family Circle, Marie Claire, NBC, CNET, Shape, the Today Show and more.
• “The first diet tool that has ever worked for me! I’ve lost 30 pounds!”
• “This is the best calorie counter, free or paid, and I’ve tried them all.”
• “The food database is HUGE! I’ve NEVER had a missing food.”
• “This app takes seconds to use, it’s that simple.”
• “I can’t believe this app is free! I would have paid for this.”
• “This is the best app on my phone. I use it every day.”
• “This app literally saved my life. Thank you MyFItnessPal!”
WHY WE’RE BETTER THAN OTHER APPS
• 100% FREE - no hidden charges or in-app purchases
• Track your diet and exercise in less than 5 minutes a day! It's that fast and easy
• Largest food database of any iPhone calorie counter – over 5,000,000 foods and growing daily
• Easiest and fastest food entry – remembers your favorites, add multiple foods at once, save and add entire meals, and more. THERE IS NO FASTER OR EASIER APP THAN MYFITNESSPAL.
• Connect with over 50 devices and apps including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, Healthkit, and more!
• Recipe importer - cook a lot? Our recipe importer lets you visit any recipe on the web and easily import and track it with just a tap! It feels like magic!
• Built-in step tracker - iPhone 5S/6/6+ users can track steps right from their phone, no separate tracker required
• MYFITNESSPAL WORKS – our members have lost almost 200 MILLION POUNDS combined!
HOW IT WORKS
• Simply download the app and tell us a little about yourself
• We'll create a personalized diet and exercise program just for you
• Start tracking your meals and exercise and gain insights so you can make healthier choices
• Watch the pounds come off! 88% of our users who track for 7 days or more lose weight
EASIEST APP TO TRACK DIET & EXERCISE
• 5,000,000+ food database of global items and cuisines. Virtually every food you eat is in our database already
• Barcode scanner - track a food just by scanning it's barcode. Over 4 million barcodes recognized!
• Recipe importer - visit any recipe on the web, and magically import it and track it with just a tap!
• Step tracker - iphone 5S and iPhone 6/6+ users can track steps and overall calorie burn right from their phone. No separate tracker required!
• Track all major nutrients: calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, and more
• Track over 350 cardio exercises and strength training, including sets, reps, and weight/rep
CONNECT APPS & DEVICES
• Easily connects and seamless integrates with over 50 apps and devices including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, Healthkit, and more! Works with virtually every fitness app and device.
• Connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other, or meet new friends from the MyFitnessPal community!
GOALS & REPORTS
• Received personalized goals based on your individual diet profile, or enter your own goals if you’ve gotten specific recommendations from a doctor, nutritionist, etc.
• Gain insights into where your calories and nutrients are coming from and how to make healthier choices
• View charts of your progress over time for motivation
• Daily nutritional summary with all major nutrients
Why wait? Everything is 100% free so you have nothing to lose except those extra pounds! Download us and start leading a healthier life today!
What's New in Version 5.9.1
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Convenient and Motivating (updated)
This app makes keeping track of food and exercise a breeze. I like the fullness of the food database, but you do have to be careful if you want to really track close to accurate nutrient counts. For some foods, there are multiple choices for an individual item (restaurant or other), which have been input by other MFP users, some more accurate and more complete than others. I like being able to enter "recipes" by scanning the barcodes on the packaging (even the bags of carrots, or frozen fruit), or simply typing in food name.
I discovered that the app does allow for the ability to track body fat (I previously thought this wasn't possible), which can be set up on the main Internet app, but then also tracked on the phone's app. But not just body fat...you can customize it to track anything (measurements, body water percentage etc). I have a wireless scale which can be linked to MFP so the body fat % is done each time I weigh on the scale automatically.
I love using this app, and find it very motivating to keep on track. By having something that I can use to easily track my food, I have successfully lost 23 pounds so far...after spending many months stuck at my heavier weight.
I have been using this app religiously for a week now, and I've already lost four pounds. It really helps keep you accountable for what you're eating.
The tool that allows you to upload recipes from the web directly into your food diary is incredibly convenient as well.
I will continue to use this app even after I meet my goal weight because it forces me to make better choices!
The only critique I have is that the recommended calorie count is often too low. I am 5'4, 126 lbs, and want to lose 1 pound each week. It set my calories to just 1170. I was running out of calories after just coffee, homemade oatmeal, a sandwich and two pieces of fruit! So, I switched my calories to 1500 per day, and I am still meeting my weight goal. I used the government recommended calorie count quiz to gage how many calories I would need to maintain my weight, then subtracted 500 from that. Then I went into My Fitnesspal settings to change my calorie count to that number. This is a much healthier way to calculate the calories you need!
I would not be successful at my weight loss journey without this app. Hands down one of the best food diary apps on the market...and it's free! I love that it can connect to so many other apps and devices as well. I have a Fitbit charge HR as well as Fitbit's scale and they all sync beautifully. I get a full view of calorie consumption, and it breaks it down into carbs, fats, protein, etc. I have tried many food diary apps and this is by far the best. The only concern I do have is that anyone can add foods into the database by just creating it in their app. You do have to search for the "correct" nutritional info in your list of matches. My only recommendation would be to make sure the developers review these foods for accuracy before allowing them a permanent spot in their database. Other than that, I tell everyone I know about this app and how well it works.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 23, 2015
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Languages: Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, En, Filipino, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: MyFitnessPal LLc
- © 2009-2015 MyFitnessPal, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.