Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CALORIES 3: Your personal diet, health and fitness coach
• Track, analyze and improve your diet.
• Control and reduce your weight drastically.
• Control your calorie usage and improve your fitness.
• Track and analyze your body data chronologically.
• Import data from Fitbit, BodyMedia, Medisana and Withings devices (weight and body fat, water, bones, muscle, activity- and sleep, blood pressure and pulse, blood glucose...) on the fly.
Track your daily diet:
• The most reliable USDA Food Database for Dietary Study 3.0 helps you track your diet.
• Food databases contain over 80.000 foods, showing 44 nutrients per food.
• Additional databases available in several languages.
• Create custom foods to suit your personal needs.
Organize, analyze and improve your diet:
• Create custom meal types allocated to certain daytimes.
• Set goals for the intake of nutrients.
• An info panel displays nutrients. Personal goals are color coded.
• A quick info panel shows calories and goals for individual meals.
• The calorie display is divided into carbs, fat and proteins; your calorie limit is displayed.
• Chronological view of consumed calories (day, week, month or year).
Import body data automatically or manually:
• Measurement panels for weight (incl. body analysis), blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
• Weight: BMI calculated in real time. Data import from Withings, Fitbit or Medisana body scales.
• Blood pressure: Track systolic, diastolic and BPM rates. Unhealthy values color coded. Data import from Withings Blood Pressure Monitor and Medisana CardioDock.
• Blood glucose: Track blood glucose levels in mg/dl or mmol/l. Data import from Medisana GlycoDock!
Track your calorie usage manually or using the data synchronization:
• Enter and analyze activities with burned calories.
• Use standard or custom activities.
• Choose an activity and how many kcals you wish to burn - Calories 3 calculates the required duration.
• Data import from Fitbit One and Fitbit Ultra activity and sleep trackers, BodyMedia.
Overview and analysis:
• Analysis window offers 5 graphs: Weight, body analysis, blood pressure, blood sugar and calories.
• Optimal BMI range, desired weight and calorie limit are displayed.
• Net calorie intake calculated from consumed and burned calories.
Reach and sustain your desired weight with our intelligent assistants:
• Set milestones to break your overall diet down. Specify a weight goal and a timespan to reach it and the milestone assistant will calculate the required calorie reduction and calorie limits to reach and sustain your desired weight.
• Resist temptations with “My Temptation”: This assistant uses your dietary habits to tell you if you may treat yourself or should rather take up some sports.
Share Calories and use it on the go:
• Multiuser: Up to 5 user accounts (family).
• Share custom foods with other users.
• Print your data or export CSV files.
• iPhone app Cal2Go 2 available including automatic synchronization for use on the go.
View the full list of features on our homepage!
What's New in Version 3.3.3
1. Bugfix: Custom daily calories consumption will work with milestones
2. Bugfix: Weight entries added to the future by accident do not interfere current data
entered in the future)
3. Fix: Activity strings type corrected
4. Some issues with Fitbit and other small fixes
Impossible to get this program running
Waste of money. It has locked up with "muiltiple validation errors" and I did was open after install. I wish I could get my $9.99 back. Buyer Beware.
Wish I'd read the reviews
This app is a piece of crap. Worst app I've ever downloaded, let alone actually pay for.
I'm very disappointed is all that I can say. If I could give this a 0 star rating I would. This review is for both this product and the iPhone product Cal2Go, as I purchased them both.
I own a FitBit tracking device and wasn't totally happy with the interface. I purchased these products thinking I could sync the FitBit data. I was wrong. Didn't grab any of the FitBit data even though it's setup, which also broke the software's sync between desktop and iPhone apps. I deleted the FitBit link and added it back into both products and sync now works, but it only pulls burned calories from the FItBit so you can only enter food to Calorie 3 or Cal2Go - it does not pull them from the FitBit, as well as activities or anything else.
I entered my breakfast in Calorie 3, look ups were worthless so I manually entered the nutritional data as well. At this point the sync between Cal2Go and Calories 3 via its own service added my food to the Cal2Go phone app, but upon exiting Calories 3 I got an error and it lost my food. I synced from the phone and desktop apps to no avail. The entries in Calories 3 are simply gone.
I log out and back into the sync tool in Calories 3 and it tells me that I need to set everything back up and to restart the application, which I do. Now I have to reenter all of my personal data to create the user, which would not be a bother if this didn't occurred every time I attempt to log in to the sync service. Yes, each time it tells me it needs to delete everything and this means the sync login setting that causes this lovely condition that reminds me of a infinite loop.
I am so irritated! I'm taking it as a loss, but I'll leave it installed and see how the next update goes; although, my opinion of Mac software developers and Mac third party products has become so low in the last five years that I am seriously considering switching back to Windows/Linux, and this includes my phone and tablet as well. At least this isn't a store disguised as software, that makes it worth at least 1 star - I guess.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 16, 2013
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Daniel Holtwiesche
- © 2012 danholt
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.0 or later