Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Caltrain schedule application that focuses on usability, accuracy and simplicity.
Offline operation, instant schedule updates, riders alerts, bookmarks, favorite stops, accurate schedule for weekday and weekends.
What this application does:
• Provides accurate schedules about trains between stations
• Calculates possible transfers when no direct trains available
• Quickly shows the next trips between stations
• Switch between weekday and weekend schedules
• Accurate schedules for special weekday holidays
• Full schedule for easy look up by required depart/arrive time
• Conveniently highlights the next trip
• Fare pricing with zone information
• Timetable view with MyStops filtering
• Bookmarks for frequently used trips
• Customizable push notifications
• ClipperCard© tag on/off reminders
• Periodic check for schedule data updates if enabled
• Instantly updates from caltrain.com when new schedules are published
• Share trip details via email/messaging
• Handsome Caltrain© system map
• Riders alerts/service advisories information
• GPS and Maps integration to find nearest station
Caltrain© is a California commuter rail line that operates between San Francisco and Santa Clara Valley.
This application is not affiliated with or sponsored by Caltrain© commuter rail.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
- Updated 04/04/2016 schedule
- Bug fixes
There's one sad flaw, but generally, this is a really well-written program. It has nice added features, like showing you the beginning and ending times to start, but makes the whole schedule also available. It marks the nearest station in the schedule. It lets you know when there's an advisory for your train. It's great. If only the author would change the red-on-grey color scheme. The colors chosen are too close in value, which makes them hard to see in good light, and impossible to read in bright light. I bought the added functionality, it's completely worth it.
The best of a crowded space
It seems the first thing an iOS Engineer does when commuting in the SF Bay Area is to build a Caltrain app. It's a right of passage. Engineers are natural optimizer, and using their professional skills to improve their own lives is expected.
That being said, there are loads of Caltrain apps, of varying quality. For my use, this one is the best. It's free tier is immediately useful because it is accurate, simple, and kept up to date.
Thanks to the authors!
This CalTrain app does the job and is fairly intuitive. Indicate your starting station and destination and you get all the options, with the travel time visible. The only complaint is when there is a service disruption - which is not the app's fault.
One suggestion: for destinations to Millbrae or points further south, link the app to BART schedules so when we are not near the Caltrain station we can tell if we could take BART to Millbrae and easily catch a Caltrain.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 14, 2016
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Maxim Stepanov
- © 2012-2016 Maxim Stepanov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Commuter Extras$3.99