+++ The sheet music & fake book reader / organizer for your iPad +++
This feature rich music score tool provides you with some unique capabilities:
• intelligent layout of your scores as you play
• no page turnings required and no distracting scrolling
• assign music to your score and
• easily sync the music with your score - tap on a bar to listen to the music at that bar
• play back the music at a slower tempo for practicing and/or change the pitch
• with support for many popular fake books you're best prepared for the next session - better than your old gig books.
• Calypso also knows 100+ Aebersold PDFs. Assign your audio to the music score and learn the jazz.
Please note that Calypso does not provide you the fake book or Aebersold PDFs!
• put all your music sheets into your iPad
• organize your scores into pretty looking song books
• make set lists and mail them to your bandmates
• record your practices and play it back to your teacher
• annotate your teacher's hints or your conductor's instructions
• take a photo of new scores right at your rehearsal
INTELLIGENT PAGE LAYOUT
The unparalleled feature of Calypso Score is its intelligent page layout capability. Thus your iPad is even better than your paper sheets: when you have to jump back or ahead over several pages, Calypso Score automatically does layout the sheets in such a way, that you may see the bars both before and after the jump! Watch the demo at www.calypso-score.com.
Calypso Score is designed to do a really good job without the need of external page turner devices. But Calypso Score also supports both Bluetooth and MIDI devices.
You can assign music from your iPod library and easily synchronize it with your music score. Thus you tap on a bar of your score to hear the music at that bar. Sync your play-a-long music with the scores. Or simply scan your school book and sync the scores with its included audio CD.
You can record your music as you play on a gig or during your exercises. Then, as with synced audio, tap on any bar to hear the recording at that position.
Even better, you may playback any recording at a slower speed and/or change the pitch. This is a great feature for practicing with playalongs.
SHEET MUSIC ORGANIZER
Organize all your sheets within song books. Easily and quickly make set lists. Name your sets. Rearrange your sets. Quickly mark your songs with colored labels. Annotate your scores with text, drawings and many musical symbols.
FAKE BOOKS & AEBERSOLDS
But, there is one more thing ...: Calypso Score currently knows many popular fake books! Scan your own fake books or get a copy of them from the many sources in the net and import them to Calypso. You then have direct access to all titles of those PDFs. You may also search for a title within all your fake books.
You can easily adjust existing indexes to your PDF in case of missing or additional pages.
Or make an index of your own PDF files.
(again: no fake books are provided for obvious reasons)
SHARE WITH YOUR BANDMATES
Everything in Calypso can be shared: the music scores, (synchronized) recordings, complete song books, set lists and your own PDF indexes. Share over iCloud, Dropbox, WiFi, Bluetooth, iTunes or mail.
A rather long list of fixed bugs & tweaks thanks to some users feedback. Thank you all very much!
- New accounting for audio-files usage. What does that mean?
If you import an audio file by choosing it as a new recording or by importing a recording, Calypso now looks, whether this exact file is already used for any song. The new file might even be otherwise named. The file will not be included but will be marked as used twice (or more). Only if the last recording of that file is deleted, the file will be moved to the public folder.
- new option in the settings: Mail songs in multiple PDF files
- new option in the settings: Mail selected set only
- new option in settings: Swipe to change song in fake book
- fixed: several bugs and tweaks in setlist editor
- fixed: 'invalid file type' when importing a csv from Dropbox/iCloud
- fixed: importing of a csv for a fake book index often had a wrong page count for a song
- fixed: swipe to the prev/next song in the fake book viewer could not find a song if there is a gap with pages not assigned to any song
- fixed: revealing the buttons underneath a list (song) entry and then using the index to quickly scroll to a letter caused the list to 'hang'
- fixed: some bugs and even two crashes when using the system previewer of the files viewer
- fixed a rare bug which caused all annotations and bar markers to be centered in a sheet
- vertically scrolling of sheets if the screen width is too small
Ratings and Reviews
Best sheet music app ever!
I am a full time professional gigging musician. I used to use multiple binders filled with charts to go to gigs with. After trying every other sheet music app I could find, and not being happy, I almost gave up. I then found Calypso Score and I couldn't be happier! From syncing music with backing tracks for soloist to eliminate page turns, to sharing music with band members, this app does everything! Getting this app has helped me improve my performances and, in turn, allowed me to raise my prices. If you are a serious gigging musician, you owe it to yourself to get this app. Finally, the customer service is second to none. I can't even say the last time I received such great customer service, this is amazing top to bottom!
I was really surprised by this app. It far exceeded my expectations. I have been a user of ForScore and really liked it, used an air turn Bluetooth pedal to turn pages, and thought I had found the Holy Grail of music score apps.
Calypso Score has caused me to make a significant change. I am moving all of my music from forScore to Calypso. It is an amazing application and you really need to check it out. It does have a steep learning curve, but the documentation is excellent.
Just the ability to set up music for automatic page turns is worth the price of the app. I have just barely scratched the surface of what it can do. Get this app. You will love it.
Calypso-Score is absolutely fantastic and does everything it claims. I have read several of the bad reviews and assume it is a problem of the user not following directions. I was confused at first and the support I received always resolved my issue and questions were answered in less than 24 hours. The problems I encounterd were only the result of being anxious to use the program and now I use it for all my fake books and it works perfect. Now I don't understand why I had any problems. Any problems I had were by my own making. Thank you for a great app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.