Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 4th ed.
By Cambridge University Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Full wordlist and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and to try the app functionality.
With 140,000 words, phrases and examples, meanings, British and American English word pronunciations, Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, fourth edition is trusted by millions of English learners worldwide.
Every dictionary entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge. Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus, the dictionary is ideal for IELTS, BEC and Cambridge English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
***** Great for those who learn English.
***** My favorite dictionary ever!
***** Smart thesaurus is awesome!!
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers
• SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition, , not just synonyms
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent searches
• Table of English Irregular Verbs provides a useful reference resource
• CALD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form
• iOS Share. Select any text on Safari sites, emails and share with CALD to get words’ definitions
• Multiple clipboard look-up. Copy any text from other apps and view the words’ definitions one by one when you open the CALD
• Full Text Search. Look up words throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples
• Similar Words Search in case of misspelling
• Wildcard Search. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling.
• Anagram Search (e.g. tab-bat)
• Hyperlinks between entries: tap on the word in the article to see its definition
• No Internet connection required
• Modify animated menus and choose background colours
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
What's New in Version 3.58.97
minor bug fixes
Simple but Perfect
This dictionary is simple but Perfect . It's definitions are very easy understanding comparing other dictionaries .
It's including :
More examples .
Verb table .
Common mistakes .
I'm so happy with it .
I like it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 07, 2017
- Version: 3.58.97
- Size: 44.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cambridge University Press
- © Cambridge University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Fourth Edition$25.99