Cambridge Advanced Learner's and English Pronouncing Dictionary
By Cambridge University Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Fourth Edition and Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary - two classic dictionaries for advanced learners of English in one app.
Try before you buy - view the full wordlist and 50 sample entries from each dictionary before buying.
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Fourth Edition is the essential dictionary app for upper-intermediate to advanced learners of English. The dictionary contains over 140,000 words, phrases, meanings and examples as well as British and American English pronunciation. Every entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge. (Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus, the dictionary is ideal for IELTS, BEC and Cambridge English: First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary is the definitive guide to contemporary pronunciation for British and American English with helpful language learning features. The dictionary contains over 230,000 pronunciations of words, names and phrases, including personal names, company names, and words related to science and technology.
Download the Cambridge dictionaries app for FREE, test the full wordlist and 50 sample entries first and purchase any dictionary with the in-app catalogue.
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers of English.
• SMART Thesaurus feature gives you related words and phrases at every definition
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation as many times as you wish.
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words.
• Search History to revise your recent searches.
• Table of irregular verbs provides a useful reference resource
Search and navigation features:
What’s new for iOS 9 users?
• Apple Watch support! Search Cambridge Dictionaries anytime, anywhere with Siri on your Apple Watch. Just activate the dictionary in the Watch app.
• Use the Share button to check words! Select any text on Safari sites, in emails and texts, and even on other popular apps, and click Share to highlight words in the dictionary. To activate, just select Cambridge Dictionaries as a sharing 'extension’.
• New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text – switch back to the Cambridge app, and view all the relevant dictionary entries one by one.
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwords and usage examples.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams (e.g. tab-bat).
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colours.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without any additional expense.
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
What's New in Version 3.58.81
What’s new for iOS 9 users?
∙ Apple Watch support! Search Cambridge Dictionaries anytime, anywhere with Siri on your Apple Watch. Just activate the dictionary in the Watch app.
∙ Use the Share button to check words! Select any text on Safari sites, in emails and texts, and even on other popular apps, and click Share to highlight words in the dictionary. To activate, just select Cambridge Dictionaries as a sharing 'extension’.
∙ New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
∙ New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text – switch back to the Cambridge app, and view all the relevant dictionary entries one by one.
Great but latest update crashed in iphone 4!!
Thanks for this excellent dictionary, but latest update is not compatible with iphone 4, iOS 7.1.2.
It crashes at start up in my iphone but features are so great and useful. I have test it in iOS 9.1.2.
Please make this problem correct.
In a off-line situation, an error occurs. Pls, take a quick action on this issue.
After keyed in a word, it shows a bunch of links not related to the word
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 20, 2016
- Version: 3.58.81
- Size: 48.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Cambridge University Press
- © Cambridge University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary 18th edition$14.99
- Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Fourth Edition$25.99
- Full pack: Cambridge Advanced Learner's and English Pronouncing$32.99