CaMeasure! Pro ~ Dimension Your World.
By Andreas Haja
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Innovative app for automatically measuring and dimensioning objects using your iPad or iPhone camera.
- Quickly add dimensioning arrows and description fields to your pictures and share them with customers, colleagues or friends.
- Always have your most important measures with you. Everywhere you go - from furniture shop to hardware store.
- Ideally suited for architects, interior decorators, designers, real estate agents, carpenters, construction workers or hobbyists.
When does CaMeasure! Pro come in handy?
- Constructing a house?
- Redecorating your apartment?
- Moving to a new place?
- Need to know the exact size of something real quick?
- CaMeasure! Pro helps you to make sure that old furniture fits into new spaces - or your new car into the old garage!
- At home, in the shop or on the road: Measure everything from furniture to large buildings with your iPhone camera!
- ZERBST.ES - Happiness architecture: "CaMeasure! Pro has become an integral part of our everyday work routine as professionals of the construction sector. Without carrying anything but an iPhone with this app installed, we can take measures on the building site and add them to the corresponding photographies. The customers are deeply impressed by the speed an efficiency of obtaining results which can even be sent directly from the phone by email to the building promoter."
What are the Highlights?
- Automatic size estimation of small and large objects by using predefined and customizable reference items.
- Universal app for iPad and iPhone.
- Quickly add professional-looking dimensioning arrows and descriptive text boxes to your photos.
- Choose among multiple line styles, colors and font sizes.
- Use dimensioning arrows of known length as reference for other measurements.
- Save, load and share your projects with customers, colleagues or friends using email, iTunes or Social Media (Facebook, Weibo and Twitter).
- Innovative 'Gravity Ruler' for accurate and fast alignment along horizontal and vertical edges.
- 'Digital bubble levels' ensure optimal camera alignment towards measurement objects.
- Automatic conversion between US and metric units.
- Polished and harmonious design with attention to detail.
- Project synchronization and backup using iCloud.
- Optimized for iPad 3, iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
In case of any problems with CaMeasure! Pro, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Legal advice: This software is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of the software.
Tested on iPad 3 / iPhone 5 / 4S / 4 / 3GS and iPod Touch with iOS 5 and iOS 6.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Camera with alignment indicator
- Improvements and bug fixes
New in version 1.2:
- Full compatibility
- Native design for the iPhone 5
- Optimized for iOS 6
- Social Media
- Show your projects on Facebook, Weibo and Twitter
- Many small improvements and bug fixes
New in version 1.1:
Universal App for both iPad & iPhone
- Native design and user interface for all your devices
- High-resolution graphics for the iPad Retina display
- Exchange projects between devices with a single touch
- Perform easy and reliable backups of all your projects
Satisfied but could use a bit more
I'm satisfied but the current version didn't meet all of my hopes. There's a few wrinkles that can be a little odd or frustrating when you're first working with it. None are showstoppers but I'd welcome enhancements. On the upside, this may be the only app that lets you provide one measurement and then use that to add other measurements.
If you take a very close image with a reference object, you can't zoom out enough to make the object fit into the reference frame. Make sure you verify source images while in the field.
The most critically needed feature is the ability to provide a reference object length in manual mode. Example: I'd like to draw a line, provide a measurement, and then have all other measures relative to that. This can currently only be accomplished with auto mode and requires a CD, credit card, or your own dimensions.
Also, I'd love to be able to provide a picture and create my own scale definitions. Example: a dollar bill or coin.
This is app has both metric and imperial units. Note: imperial measurements are decimal and not fractional values.
This is the only app you need to measure a room a door or anything, you do not need a tape as the automatic reference based measure is really precise ( down to 10th of an inch or even more). Plus the built in levels help you get the right picture every time, I have tried many different apps this is the only one that does everything,
Con: I wish the look and feel was more apple like and not so dated
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 21, 2012
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Andreas Haja
- © 2012 Andreas Haja
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.