** The app is FREE with 8 hours of continuous recording. You can extend it to unlimited hours with an in-app purchase.
DVR.Webcam - OneDrive Edition is a plug-and-play solution to personal surveillance for audio/video recording. It is a cloud-based DVR (digital video recorder) app that uses Microsoft OneDrive as its cloud storage. You run the app on your mac that serves as the DVR station. It will let you record video from your cameras, and view time-lapse recording remotely.
Unlike other cloud-based camera services, this app does NOT charge you monthly. It simply uses your spare OneDrive storage for the camera recording.
When in use, the app automatically records camera’s video (in the case of webcams, audio as well) and streams it over to your OneDrive cloud account. You can define X number of days to keep the DVR recordings in the cloud, and the app will automatically manage the storage for you.
Viewing the DVR is entirely cross-platform and web-based. To view your DVR, simply visit http://dvr.webcam website from any computer or mobile device, and use our online DVR viewer with any web browser. There is no need to configure firewall or router for remote viewing, or using a 3rd party viewing app.
Visit us at http://dvr.webcam for more info.
* Continuous Recording. The app records continuously, and you can set X number of days to keep the recordings in the cloud.
* Webcam Support with Audio. The app works with your computer’s built-in cameras as well as external USB webcams. You can even add webcam audio to the recording.
* IP Camera Support. The app works with MJPEG, JPEG and H.264 based IP Cameras on your network. You can easily add your IP Cameras using templates from the app. The app supports a large number of IP cameras models such as Axis, Foscam, Trendnet, D-Link, Panasonic, Geovision, etc.
* Motion Detection. The app continuously monitors motion levels, and you can easily see the motion levels from our online viewer.
* Email Notification. The app can notify you via Email when motion is detected by your camera. You can then remotely log on and view your camera from anywhere.
* Multi-camera Support. The app simultaneously supports up to 12 cameras.
* Easy Remote Viewing. View from any other device using a web browser. There is no need for firewall or network configuration, or 3rd party viewer app.
* Security. Your DVR recording is stored securely as any data on OneDrive.
* Privacy. Simply use your OneDrive account to sign on, and no need to sign up for other service.
* Easy to Scale Up. You can easily extend the recording length or add more cameras by extending your OneDrive storage space.
Improve reliability and bug fixes.
Updated the OS requirement.
Ratings and Reviews
dont waste your time
Crashes, never uploaded, dependency on onedrive (took 20 min just to reactivaate account). Never worked. Surprised Apple allows this. Im going to clear my computer and start from scratch because I always thought there was a certain level of quality control in the app store, appears to be not the case. Good lesson.
Doesn't see my One Drive
When I try to sign in with my corp OneDrive it says the account doesn't exsist, worthless piece of crap.
Works Nicely, but Prone to Crashing
The installation and setup was very straightforward. I was able to find my camera from the pull-down menu and get it up and runnign quickly. Recording to OneDrive works; need to figure out how to make the recordings higher resolution. Tends to crash after running for an hour or two on mid-2011 MacMini with Yosemite. Would get a four-star rating if not for the crashing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.