Camera Eats First makes finding food easy!
This is the best way to discover individual dishes, not just restaurant names.
What do you want to eat? See what looks tasty near you and instantly get directions to your next meal. When you’re ready to dig in, your camera is the first to eat – add food photos from your dining experiences and rate each dish. Recommend the best meals to your local community, discover new food, and put the spotlight on your favorite eats.
With Camera Eats First, you can:
- Search for specific menu items, like "Mac & Cheese," "Chocolate Chip Cookie," and "Caesar Salad."
- See delicious-looking food nearby.
- Showcase your latest food adventures by posting photos.
- Review specific dishes.
- Take a picture of your food when your order arrives at a restaurant.
- Upload your photo and enjoy your meal.
- Write a review of your dish after you've eaten it.
Camera Eats First is excited to launch our very first version. Although our features are simple, we're eager to hear from you about additions you'd like to see. Your feedback is super important to us. Send us love notes or report cards via the Feedback section under the cog on your Profile.
We are always working hard to bring you the best experience possible. New this week:
- Important bug fixes.
Your feedback is important to us. We read your help emails daily so we can keep getting better. Thanks for using Camera Eats First!
Ratings and Reviews
Good concept, lot of bugs
Overall I like the concept but there are a lot of kinks to iron out. Hopefully these will be addressed in future updates.
Can’t post when not geographically near the restaurant (I was trying to make posts for Seattle restaurants while I was in BC, Canada, but the Google restaurant search couldn’t find the Seattle restaurant names I was typing in)
Can’t edit or delete posts (there are few recurring bugs I’ve noticed that result in one or several duplicate posts being made)
The reliance on Google search as the restaurant list provider unfortunately means that food trucks are excluded (since food trucks don’t qualify for google business listings). This is too bad because food trucks can sometimes be the hardest to find reviews and photos for, and it would be nice if this platform supported food trucks since it’s focus is on the food itself.
I am also logged out of my account about once every day or two, sometimes more often (I use Facebook to log in, in case that matters).
The app also crashes during upload/posting every few posts (but this might be specific to my phone?)
- Vulcan Forge LLC
- 117.1 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Gambling and Contests
- © Copyright 2017; Forge Labs LLC; cameraeatsfirst.io/terms
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.