High-performance manual camera that takes photos by tapping anywhere on the screen.
Functions are concentrated at the bottom of the screen, so it's easy to operate, even on large devices. There isn't even a shutter-release button, so your device can be held comfortably while taking photos.
A simple user interface with high-performance functionality where the photo library and settings can be accessed with a swipe.
- Supports photo resolution of 4032×3024 for iPhone 6s and later models. (Please set the Maximum Resolution to "Highest Quality")
- Supports Live Photos. (Live Photos compatible Models)
- Depth Map format. (Depth Map compatible Models)
- Confirm and save the Depth Map image.
- Supports RAW format. (RAW compatible Models)
- Plentiful image correcting and filter effect functionality using Adobe Creative Cloud. (The image editor may be deleted in a future version due to Adobe's end of support.)
- Manual operation of almost all functions, including focus, exposure and white balance etc.
- Option to store white balance settings as presets
- Works with telescopic, wide-angle and dual lenses
- Video recording with frame ratio adjustment functionality.
- Browse the photo library, and zoom in on images and videos to see detail.
- Anti-shake correction functionality.
- Grid display to aid photo composition.
- Spirit level function for both landscape and portrait photos.
- Light adjustment functionality.
- Display image's Exif information.
- Add location information and copyright information to Exif metadata.
- Fixed a problem that "Don't Sleep" setting may not work properly.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great mostly
Overall this is a great app. You’re given control over various aspects that go into the quality of your photo. My only complaint so far is that whenever I try to switch the camera mode over to dual cameras, it crashes the app. Please fix this
Potential, but crashes on RAW
I like the uncluttered interface offering rapid and clear control of the manual settings of the camera.
I thought I’d found my new ‘go to’ manual camera app (for the iPhone and iPad); both stills and video.
However, I shoot RAW, and try as I might, I could not shoot RAW with this app. The app crashed every single time I set RAW as the file type for stills. It crashes on the iPhone and iPad every time.
Unfortunately, not shooting raw renders the app unusable for me - there are many alternatives that do.
If the RAW option gets fixed, I’d say this is a very promising and attractive app, but until then it is seriously flawed.
Love Camera RX!
Hidden gem of a camera app—manual controls so useful for all sorts of photography, for example, macros and night photography. Touch screen to snap photo is very useful as well. Discovering more uses for Camera RX all the time! Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.