CameraMan™ for Maya®
By Wes McDermott: The 3D Ninja
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
3D World Magazine: CG Awards 2011 - Nominated for Software Innovation of the Year
WHAT IS CAMERAMAN?
CameraMan™ for Maya® is an app for the iPhone and iPad that allows you to control your 3D camera in Maya. Using the app's joystick controller and the gyroscope hardware, you can quickly create realistic motion effects!
WHAT CAN CAMERAMAN DO?
CameraMan is a project that is actively being updated. New features and capabilities are constantly being developed. Here’s a list at what version 3.5.0 offers.
• Full XYZ rotation using gyroscope
• Translation using joystick controller
• Simultaneous rotation and translation
• Utilize rotation contraints
• Object and World space mode for translation
• User defined translation speed control
• Adjust camera focal length
• Control Maya timeline playback and frame range
• Motion Cache system caches motion and can be sent to Maya timeline as keyframe data
• Motion can be applied at any point in the Maya timeline
• Save motion to a file from the app, which can be reapplied anytime using the CameraMan Control Panel in Maya
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
CameraMan requires the iPhone 4, iPad 2nd and 3rd Gen or iPod Touch 4G due to the use of the gyroscope hardware.
*CameraMan uses a python script to create the control panel in Maya, which is used to open a connection port and load the motion file saved from the app. Supporting files come with the app and can be found in the iTunes File Sharing for the app. You will need to edit or use the supplied userSetup.py file to append/setup the python script path
Visit the CameraMan support site for video tutorials on how to use the app with Maya. http://the3dninja.com/cameraman
*CameraMan for Maya® requires Autodesk Maya software.
*CameraMan uses iTunes File Sharing to deliver CM3 control panel python script and Maya shelf as well as the quick-start guide
What's New in Version 3.5.0
CameraMan for Maya 3.5 has some great new updates and fixes. Thanks very much for your support!
* IMPORTANT: Uninstall older versions of CameraMan and use the new cameraman.py Control Panel Scripts
3.5 NEW FEATURES:
• SAVE MOTION TO FILE
You can now save the motion cache to a .cmm file. The file is saved to the iTunes File Sharing documents directory. Using the Load Motion function of the CameraMan control panel in Maya, you can load the file and apply it to any object. Use the .cmm motion file to backup motions or share with colleagues.
• MOTION CACHE INTERVAL
This setting controls the time it takes to apply the motion cache to the Maya timeline. This setting, which defaults at 1/20th of a second, fixes the wifi latency issues where the keys applied in Maya are less than the actual amount of keys captured in the cache.
* iOS 6 compatibility
• Motion Cache Interval fixes wifi latency so that the number of keys applied in Maya match the number of frames captured in the Motion Cache.
• Slider UI images fixed.
• Fixed bug where the apply motion at start of timeline wasn't working.
• Added alert view to show that Set Position has been cached
• Fixed issue where the range and cache number fields brought up keyboard
Very cool app!
This is a great concept for an app and a great app too.
For the price it's absolutely worth it just to play with it and see what you can achieve. Very nice and smooth motion with an accelerometer.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 05, 2012
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wes McDermott
- © Wes McDermott
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).