CameraPixels is an advanced camera app for professional mobile photographers. CameraPixels has powerful bracketing, presets, full manual controls and much much more!
Supported capture modes:
- Burst Mode
- Bracketing Mode (exposure and focus)
- Time Lapse
Photo capture mode
CameraPixels supports multiple resolutions and crop factors (including 16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 1.61:1, 2:1, 7:6, 5:4), image output quality/compression and full featured intervalometer. The images can be captured in JPG, TIFF, DNG (supported devices only) with auto-development of DNG to JPG/TIFF
Video capture mode
In Video capture mode you can select among many resolutions, frame rates and crop factors. The video can be recorded with different quality setting and as a keyframes only. The audio settings include selection of the microphone, sampling rate and audio quality.
Supported video resolutions:
- VGA (640x680)
- qHD (960x540)
- HD (1280x720)
- FullHD (1920x1080)
- 2K (2048x1152)
- WQHD (2560x1440)
- 3K (3072x1728)
- 4K (3840x2160) iPhone SE/6S/7/Plus
- 4K+ (4032x3024) iPhone SE/6S/7/Plus
Burst capture mode
The Burst capture mode supports capturing of images with minimum delay in JPG and DNG formats (on supported devices). Multiple resolutions and crop factors are also available in this mode
Bracketing capture mode
The Bracketing capture mode allows capturing of up to 15 exposures per bracket in JPG or DNG (DNG+JPG) formats (on supported devices). The EV step between exposures can be set as precise as 0.1 F-Stop. The Bracketing capture mode supports full intervalometer.
Focus bracketing! Specify minimum and maximum focus distance, number of images to take (up to 50) and let CameraPixels do the rest.
- ISO, shutter speed, EV compensation, white balance and focus distance
- ISO and Shutter speed priority exposure modes
- White balance using grey card (long press on White balance icon)
- Separate focus and exposure (use tap with two fingers or "+" icon at the right-bottom of focus area to separate them)
- Real-time visual feedback
- Supported in all capture modes
- Unlimited presets
- iPhone 7/Plus only: 8 MPx selfies and 3K video with front camera
- Output video formats: MOV or MP4
- TIFF 16 bit as output in Multi-shot capture mode
- Multiple grids: Rule of thirds, Golden ratio, Phi
- Save last capture mode and settings
- Torch with brightness level control in all capture modes
- Night mode in Photo and Raw capture modes
- Adjustable Slow Motion playback frame rate
- Adjustable screen brightness during time lapse recording
- Switch between wide and tele lenses on iPhone 7 Plus
- Over/under-exposed indicator and histogram
- Horizon levels
- Volume button to capture/start recording
ATTENTION 1: please remember, Photos cannot open or edit DNG files and therefore what you see is an embedded preview JPG of a much smaller size! Always use DNG compatible software to open and edit DNG files.
ATTENTION 2: not all videos, recorded with CameraPixels can be played or edited in Photos app. The videos with extreme resolutions (4K+) or keyframes only can be played in CameraPixels preview only or edited in iMovie
ATTENTION 3: resolutions above HD (1280x720) require a purchase of Full resolution IAP
- fixed the bug with volume button capture
Ratings and Reviews
Meh. Doesn’t support RAW on iphone 8
Doesn’t seem like it had been updated since iphone 8 came out; picture format only shows JPEG, TIFF and HEIF.
According to the description, raw (DNG) is supported on iphone 7, so this just seems like poor design
Update: The developer claims that the description mentions that DNG support requires IAP, but that is not clear from the language. There is one mention of a limit up to ‘HD resolution’, but HD is a term associated with video resolution, so that is hard to correlate with not supporting DNG for still images.
DNG format is only supported in full version (requires IAP). It's clearly stated in description
Nice camera app!
This app has the features I need and allows me to choose the size of the picture taken! 😊 Thank you!
The app is good, with a lot of options and what I was looking for... 16:9 camera. The bad things is that by using the lite version you’re only able to take pictures at 720p.
- Natalya Petrenko
- 19.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Basic Pixels
- In-App Purchases
- Full resolution pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.