By Homegrown Software Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CameraSync brings wireless, hassle-free syncing to iPhone and iPad!
CameraSync allows you to upload all pictures & videos from your Camera Roll to your Dropbox, OneDrive, Flickr account, WebDAV Server, FTP server, Amazon S3 bucket or Box.net account.
Do you regularly take photos on your iPhone and want to make sure they're all backed up and always accessible? CameraSync has got you covered.
Tired of e-mailing photos and screenshots to yourself just to get them onto your computer? CameraSync will make sure they're all ready & waiting for you.
Got an iPad with a Camera Connection Kit? Want to be able to upload the new photos you've taken on your DSLR or point-and-shoot camera from anywhere? CameraSync can do that for you too.
Recommended by Lifehacker.com: "Call me lazy, but I don't like plugging my phone into my computer just to get all my pictures. CameraSync fixes this annoyance by wirelessly sending all new photos you take to Dropbox. In fact, if you prefer a different online backup program (like Flickr, Amazon S3, SkyDrive, an FTP server or Box.net) you can do that too. It's essentially like an Eye-Fi for your iPhone—which is pretty awesome."
• Background Location Syncs - CameraSync can automatically start uploading your photos in the background when you arrive at certain locations, such as your home or office. (This feature is only available on devices that support geofencing; that's the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and current iPad)
• Continue Uploading - after starting the app CameraSync can upload your photos even in the background while you use other apps (for a maximum of 10 minutes). It will even alert you when it's done.
• Zero Interaction Required - once you've setup your accounts, all you need to do is open CameraSync to keep your remote photos up to date. You don't need to pick which photos to upload, or confirm the upload, or fiddle with settings - it just works!
• Full Quality Uploads - CameraSync doesn't compress or resize your photos & videos so they are uploaded in the full quality you took them in, no pixels left behind! It also keeps all of the EXIF metadata saved by your camera.
• Smart Syncing - CameraSync remembers what it has uploaded so if you delete a remote file you don't want anymore, it won't just sync it again.
• iPad Support - CameraSync can upload photos you've imported to your iPad using the iPad Camera Connection Kit, or photos taken on your iPad.
• Works with most third party photo taking or editing apps such as Hipstamatic and Camera+ - in fact it'll work with any app that saves pictures or videos to the Camera Roll.
CameraSync requires location services to be enabled on your device, and to be allowed access to location services. This is because photos taken with iOS devices store the location in which they were taken. CameraSync is a one way sync designed to sync photos & videos from your iOS device to various online services. SkyDrive currently only supports photos and videos under 100MB.
What's New in Version 1.5.9
• Fixed a bug preventing background location syncing on iOS 8. Existing users will need to re-enable background syncing from the settings menu.
• Minor bug fixes.
Not Automatic, But Still Worth $2
So, yeah, as others have said, this thing does not work automatically because of the irritating IOS background activity restrictions. Also, triggering upload via location geo-fencing does not seem to work at all either. But it’s still a useful app. I was trying to sync everything to Dropbox and could never to get it to complete before IOS forces it to stop, especially if any large videos were in the queue. But I took an idea from another reviewer here and set up a local network FTP sync to an iMac. CameraSync will now very quickly FTP sync over the much faster local network to my Dropbox folder on that iMac, which then syncs to Dropbox at its own much more reliable pace. Setting up FTP on OSX is dead easy — just Google it if you want to try this.
Keeps my photos backed up
Works great! Copies photos and videos to my computer every time I get home.
Just a note, I'm using FTP to local networked computer over wifi only. I think I had some problems when trying to upload to Flickr.
Wasted time and money
I specially got this app to upload videos to flicker and Dropbox which it claims it will do. However, I've tried every conceivable way to get this app to do that, but it will not. Also, it only uploads photos when the app is open. It will not upload in the background. The upload feature on the two cloud services work better than this.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Homegrown Software Ltd
- © Homegrown Software Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.