"CameraVision" outputs the images of the built-in camera and the corresponding sounds from the built-in microphone to an external device such as a projector or a TV monitor. This application can be used similar to a "document camera (overhead projector)" or a "live camera" to project documents, objects, people or scenes onto a large screen. In addition, showing a still image from Photo Albums is possible. A dock/Lighting-connector adapter/cable can be used and the wireless transfer to Apple TV (AirPlay) is also supported.
The following adapters/cables are supported:
- Lightning to VGA Adapter
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple VGA Adapter
- Apple Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple Composite AV Cable
- Apple Component AV Cable
- Apple TV (2nd generation and later)
This application has the functions listed below. You can set them up easily using the buttons on the screen.
- Rear camera / front camera switching
- Camera image resolution switching from SD (640x480 pixels) up to Full HD (1920x1080 pixels)
- External display image resolution switching from SD (640x480 pixels) up to Full HD (1920x1080 pixels)
- Scale mode switching of "Fit", "Fill" or "Resize"
- Image rotation switching of "Rotatable" or "Fixed"
- Image pausing or playing
- Flash light switching
- Audio output from microphone
- Display of an on-screen pointer at touched position
- Display of a grid image - useful to adjust image projection
- Display of setting informations on an external display
- Image black out switching
- Automatic adjustment of focus, exposure and white balance
- Displaying a still image from Photo Albums
- Image zooming by double-tap or pinch
- Paused image saving and sharing
* These functions depend on devices and adapter/cables used.
* Please unplug and then plug your dock adapter/cable if no image is shown on the external display properly.
* Microphone input can be sent to an external speaker via HDMI, Composite or Component cable with the camera image. It can be sent wirelessly to Apple TV (AirPlay). When using a VGA cable, plug an audio cable to iPhone's headphone jack.
* To work with Apple TV, tap the home button twice, then go to the leftmost page, tap the AirPlay button, select your Apple TV and turn on mirroring.
iOS: Use AirPlay Mirroring
iOS 12 compatible.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as advertised
You can’t turn off the interface if the app doesn’t recognize an attached display. Completely worthless to me. I’d love my dollar back.
Just what I've been looking for!
This app is excellent for displaying an iOS device's camera feed onto another screen. I use an Apple TV connected to an LED projector, so my phone isn't tied down with cords and I can walk around with it. The ability to black out or freeze the screen image is great, as is the ability to place an arrow on the screen to highlight an area of focus. You can even capture and save photos right from within the app.
This app is straightforward and intuitive. Worked exactly as needed- only a video shows on the projector screen with no controls.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.