The new Good Beer Guide mobile app has been the focus of intensive technical user experience development work to deliver a host of enhanced features.
New features accessible to all users include:
- Expanded basic search options providing listings of more pubs near you.
- Larger pub database contains enhanced listings for over 4,500 Good Beer Guide pubs and basic information on over 31,000 real ale pubs around the UK.
- Join the Good Beer Guide community with news feed and buddies social networking functions that allow you to let other users know where you are and what you are enjoying instantly.
- Share the moments with those who can't be there using integrated image capture features.
- Access even more detailed search results, including Good Beer Guide pub descriptions.
- Find over 7,000 real ales with tasting notes and information of over 1,400 UK breweries.
- Not sure what to pick at the bar, use the image capture feature to instantly search for a real ale, and then tag it for other visitors.
In-App subscribers get even more...
- Access even more detailed search results, including Good Beer Guide pub reviews.
- Open your Beer Book to find over 7,000 real ales with tasting notes and information of 1,400 UK breweries.
Our Auto-Renewable One Year Subscriptions cost £0.99 monthly, £1.99 quarterly, or just £4.99 yearly.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Terms and Conditions: https://gbgapp.camra.org.uk/terms
Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good Pocket Guide
The CAMRA Good Beer Guide App has all the benefits of the paperback companion, but none of the heft. Also, a good guide when visiting a new town and wondering where to grab a pint.
Having functionality that lets it synch check-ins from apps like Untappd would push it to five stars.
Great for tracking pubs and beers tried in a simple format.
Nice to get CAMRA recommendations as well, and to zoom in to particular localities and neighborhoods (by post code).
One minus: beers no longer available are not listed, which means old notebooks have to stay hard-copy. It would be cool to have previous beers from GBG uploaded to select.
Cheers, and thanks!
- Campaign for Real Ale Ltd
- 107 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Campaign for Real Ale Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $0.99
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $5.49
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.