By TechSmith Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Powerful, yet easy-to-use, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro. Record what you see and do on-screen, customize and edit content, and share your videos with viewers on nearly any device.
*Capture What You’re Seeing and Doing*
Fire up the application, webpage, or Keynote presentation that you want to appear in your screencast video, and the screen recorder captures everything that happens on your screen.
*Create Videos with Professional Polish*
Camtasia makes you look like a video pro- even if you’re not one. Quickly and easily emphasize your movements, create interactive content, and captivate your audience like never before. Simply drag-and-drop annotations, transitions, spotlights, and more directly into your video.
*Communicate Your Message Visually*
Share high-quality, HD videos that your viewers can watch anytime, on nearly any device. The TechSmith Smart Player allows your viewers to access your content virtually anywhere-even from browsers or devices that are not flash-enabled.
And use Camtasia’s output to TechSmith’s free hosting site, Screencast.com, to upload, manage, view, and share your HD-quality video. You can also share your videos to YouTube, Google Drive, Apple devices, your website, blog, and more.
•Recorder: A simple screen recorder that captures anything on your screen.
• Redesigned Editor Interface: Create and edit videos faster than ever.
• Sketch Motion Callouts: Draw attention to specific areas with a professional, animated look.
• Clip Speed: Make your videos the perfect look.
• Remove a Color (Chroma Key): Put yourself right in the action of your video.
• Blur Effect: Hide sensitive information with ease.
• Cursor FX: Emphasize your mouse cursor to help viewers follow the action.
• Freeze Region: Effortlessly remove unwanted mistakes and pop-up notifications during a screen recording with a professional finish.
• Stitching: Edit specific pieces of a clip and then automatically join together the clips of the same file, effects and all.
• Annotations: Complete your story with speech bubbles, arrows, shapes, and more.
• Tilt and Restore Animations: Add a simple tilt effect to captivate your audience.
• Extended Frame: Give yourself a little more time to highlight specific points of interest.
• Device Framing: Add a frame around your videos to show off your apps like never before.
• Closed or Open Captions: Synchronize audio with onscreen caption text.
• Easing: Change the way your callouts and animations transition into place. Easing can give your callouts and animations a subtle decline in speed before coming to a final stop.
• Lock Tracks: Edit only the tracks you are working on while locked tracks remain unaffected from accidental changes.
• Turn Tracks Off: Turn tracks off when you want tracks to have muted audio or hidden visuals.
What's New in Version 2.8.3
•Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting a custom region to record
•Fixed a crash that could occur when adding hotspots to media
•Fixed a crash that could occur when canceling out of the advanced export options menu
•Fixed a bug that did not preserve mask rotations
These ratings must be 151 people they know
I have Camtasia 1 for windows. I use it all the time. It is the best software for recording video off of the screen in a Windows application. I also have a MacBook Pro Retina, MacPro, and iMac 27” all have at least 1GB Video ram, the MacPro has 32gb of ram. I purchased this and soon realized that this is so much less than the original. The end product is much less quality than the original(camtasia 1 produced) and I’m not at all exaggerating. The most annoying is the jumpy video playback and the resolution quality. They are so bad I had to go back to the originals serveral times and just was astonished at the difference. I’ve had the Camtasia 1 for over 5 years and so I’m very familiar with what the results should look like, but this is downright unbelievable. I spent the last 24hrs doing every trick I can imagine(uping the quality of the videos end result, using VLC, Quicktime as the player, Down grading the resolution to 720p from 1080p and still the most horrible recording.
It’s really to bad, I wanted so badly to move from my windows computer completely and this would have been the nail in windows coffin but I quess I’m stuck with windows., and Camtasia 1, and believe me when I say I will never give them $100 bucks again for software that is now completely useless to me.
Excellent Recorder with Great Features
I’ve been using Camtasia for a while now, initially on PC. I’ve tried all the other screen recorders and I feel Camtasia gives you the bang for the buck. I have only one complaint, and that is with their recommendation to record the entire screen and then edit from there. You see, I’m a teacher that teaches programming for a living and using their recommended settings makes the text look blurry. However, if I set it to record in an HD format, such as 1280 x 720 (which is my requirement) then the video comes out perfect. I also wasn’t happy to hear the gentleman in the tutorial saying mediocre sound is okay… it is not. If they are going to tell you what settings to use they should be clear about the final output potential.
With that said, getting past their recommendations I have no choice but to give the app five stars, highly recommended.
This is an excellent video studio; any reports of crashes must be from older versions. The current verson is stable, smooth, and wonderfully intuitive; I was making exactly what I wanted within 15 minutes of installation. It’s flexible, but incredibly easy to grasp. Highly recommended.