By TechSmith Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Powerful, yet easy-to-use, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro. Record what you see and do on-screen, customize and edit content, and share your videos with viewers on nearly any device.
*Capture What You’re Seeing and Doing*
Fire up the application, iOS device, webpage, or Keynote presentation that you want to appear in your screencast video, and the screen recorder captures everything that happens on your screen.
*Create Videos with Professional Polish*
Camtasia makes you look like a video pro- even if you’re not one. Quickly and easily emphasize your movements, create interactive content, and captivate your audience like never before. Simply drag-and-drop annotations, transitions, spotlights, touch gestures, and more directly into your video.
*Communicate Your Message Visually*
Share high-quality, HD videos that your viewers can watch anytime, on nearly any device. The TechSmith Smart Player allows your viewers to access your content virtually anywhere-even from browsers or devices that are not flash-enabled.
And use Camtasia’s output to TechSmith’s free hosting site, Screencast.com, to upload, manage, view, and share your HD-quality video. You can also share your videos to YouTube, Google Drive, Apple devices, your website, blog, and more.
• Recorder: A simple screen recorder that captures anything on your screen.
• Redesigned Editor Interface: Create and edit videos faster than ever.
• Mobile screen recording: Record what’s happening on your iOS device by connecting any device using iOS 8 to your Mac running OS X 10.10 with a lightning cable.
• Sketch Motion Callouts: Draw attention to specific areas with a professional, animated look.
• Clip Speed: Make your videos the perfect look.
• Remove a Color (Chroma Key): Put yourself right in the action of your video.
• Blur Effect: Hide sensitive information with ease.
• Cursor FX: Emphasize your mouse cursor to help viewers follow the action.
• Mobile Gesture Animations: Illustrate swipes, double taps, and other touch gestures.
• Freeze Region: Effortlessly remove unwanted mistakes and pop-up notifications during a screen recording with a professional finish.
• Stitching: Edit specific pieces of a clip and then automatically join together the clips of the same file, effects and all.
• Annotations: Complete your story with speech bubbles, arrows, shapes, and more.
• Tilt and Restore Animations: Add a simple tilt effect to captivate your audience.
• Extended Frame: Give yourself a little more time to highlight specific points of interest.
• Device Framing: Add a frame around your videos to show off your apps like never before.
• Closed or Open Captions: Synchronize audio with onscreen caption text.
• Easing: Change the way your callouts and animations transition into place. Easing can give your callouts and animations a subtle decline in speed before coming to a final stop.
• Lock Tracks: Edit only the tracks you are working on while locked tracks remain unaffected from accidental changes.
• Turn Tracks Off: Turn tracks off when you want tracks to have muted audio or hidden visuals.
What's New in Version 2.10.4
• Added support for OS X 10.11
• Made improvements to the TechSmith Smart Player
• Fixed crash that could occur when exporting to MOV
• Other minor bug fixes
Good, not great
Although Camtasia is significantly better than iMovie (which has turned into junk over the years) it is still lacking and limited in features on the Mac. I use Camtasia at work on my Windows based workstation and it is great, full of features and easy to use. On the Mac the features are either missing, hard to use, or just clunky. I also found that exports from my work computer are not usable in the Mac version and vise a versa; that is shame. If you need more control and editing features than iMovie provides and do not need the power or the learning time for Final Cut then this will work for you. It is just depressing that such a limited version of software (as compared to the Windows version) is so pricey. It is hard to accept paying $99 for stripped down clunky software if you have experienced the better Windows based version (and that is hard to say, being an avid Mac fanatic / Windows hater).
Excellent Video Editing Tool
I’ve been using Camtasia Mac for about two years and have been very pleased. I use it to produce short instructional videos for classroom lab work. The ability to add text annotation makes this a better choice for Mac users over iMoive. Also, TechSmith support and tutorials are well produced and helpful.
Good App But Watch Out
Camtasia 2 does what it says, its a high powered video editing tool. However I kept running out of disk space on my Mac Book Pro and couldn’t figure out what was going on. Turns out Camtasia keeps a “Temporary Recordings” folder in movies. It doesn’t get rid of it when you finish with your projects or delete them. It was taking up 70 GB on my drive.