Measure distances, surfaces and draw your plans in seconds with CamToPlan! Horizontally and vertically! Export your data in PDF, PNG or DXF and manage your folders!
CamToPlan is revolutionary thanks to augmented reality, the tape measure is held on your screen as if it were real, in 3D! You can take measurements using the video on your device effortlessly: baseboards, walls, furniture dimensions, carpet ... There is no need to kneel on the ground to take measurements. Even simpler than a ruler or a laser rangefinder!
CamToPlan instantly calculates the area (in square meters or square feet) and draws the plan of the room with all measured dimensions. One click is all it takes to share that plan by email, message or on social media.
Discover this innovative app, essential for all professionals, such as architects and decorators, as well as the handyman.
- You can select Metric or Imperial units
- CamToPlan measures distances horizontally (= on the ground) and vertically!
- There is no need to remove the furniture from the room for measurements. The application automatically determines the point of intersection between the floor and the target point, even if it is behind a piece of furniture.
- In good conditions, the measurement error is generally of the order of 2%. These conditions include: good lighting, textured (non-uniform) floor, lack of reflection on the floor. The app analyses the images of the video and relies on visual details identified automatically on these images. The application may have difficulty with some types of floor tiles. The accuracy is not guaranteed.
- You can safely move while taking measurements to get closer to your target point, for maximum precision, even if this point is hidden and calculated by extrapolation.
minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased this app based on the apps video which shows it measuring curved rope laying on a floor along with other items nearby. Based on this, I thought it would be handy for getting rough measurements for random objects anywhere. This is what the app description leads you to believe you can do.
What they don’t tell you is that the app requires you to locate all four corners of a room with the camera to establish boundaries before it will measure anything! If you have to many items in the room it can’t detect all the corners and won’t go past that.
No room means no measuring anything inside or out.
I contacted the developer and asked for a refund but was told the next update would solve the problem but it was no better. Still no refund! This app should have a free Trial option before wasting your money but it does not! I deleted the app as it proved useless for me.
Developer Response ,
Dear WTRskier, thanks for your feedback. Please notice you don't have to locate the four corners of the room if you want to measure something inside the room (like a curved rope). The app only needs to detect the floor. Besides, if you want to measure a wall, a window or a door, then you will also have to draw a line below that wall so that the app understands what is the vertical plan where you want to take measurements. Regards,
Good app but export not AI compatible
I find the app itself to function well in terms of collecting floor plan data quickly, but need to move the data into a more sophisticated desktop drawing tool such as Adobe Illustrator. I thought the DXF export format would be the key but it is not. I found documentation online that Adobe Illustrator will not import DXF produced by AutoCad released after Feb 15, 2007. If your app is using DXF format based on later releases it will not work. Tried a DXF to AI converter plugin but did not work. Still seeking a solution but wanted to let you know this apparent limitation. Please advise if you know of another solution. Perhaps you can create another DXF export option specifically for Adobe Illustrator compatibility.
Pretty darn good
Other apps I tried wouldn’t let me get a basic blueprint before they were adding furniture and stuff whil was unable to get the basic floor plan.
I had one chance to map the house we’re buying before we move next month. I walked around and mapped it out quickly then was able to adjust it later. It does the basic job which is what I wanted first. That’s all this program does and does it easily and well. Just what I wanted.
- Tasmanic Editions
- 5.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tasmanic Editions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.