Modern email apps compromise on security or features. Canary does not.
Some of your most important info is shared via email, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into our app. This ensures only you and the person you're communicating with can read what is sent, and nobody in between, not even your provider.
All of this happens automatically: no need to turn on settings or set up special secret keys to secure your emails.
Welcome to secure, effortless, email.
**ENCRYPTION ON DEMAND**
With Canary's one-click encryption, you can effortlessly enhance your email security. The email is encrypted on your device and decrypted on your recipient's device. It will be unreadable on your provider's web interface, or by anyone else on any other app!
• Automatic: Automate the key exchange to focus on crunching emails, without worrying about security.
• Manual: Advanced PGP users can manage their own keys and exchange encrypted emails with anyone.
**FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT**
With natural language search, smart filters, algorithmic bulk cleaner, and intelligent typography enhancements, Canary helps you easily find and act on what's important, and get rid of what's not!
• Focused Inbox:Canary learns which emails are important to you and highlights them for easy access. Intelligent typography enchancements ensure optimum readability.
• Natural Language Search: Search for photos from dad, receipts this month, or unread newsletters. Canary understands what you're looking for and finds it first time, everytime.
• Smart Filters: Quickly isolate unread emails, or emails with attachments. Check if you've missed replying via the unanswered filter. Gmail users can also access their Inbox tabs / categories.
• Bulk Cleaner: Canary's adaptive algorithms learn which emails are likely to be unimportant. Tap on the magic wand and scroll to automatically find, select, and then delete unwanted emails.
Don't pay a monthly fee for features you want and need. With Canary, you always have full access!
• Read Notifications: Get notified when your emails are read.
• Snooze: Deal with emails at your convenience.
• Email Templates: Avoid repetition. Save and re-use frequently sent emails.
• One-Click Unsubscribe: No need to look for pesky unsubscribe links.
Email plays a central role when it comes to files, events, and tasks.
So we made sure Canary plays nice with your favorite apps!
• Google Drive
• Google Calendar
• Keybase & MIT
**USE YOUR FAVORITE EMAIL PROVIDER**
Get all of Canary's powerful features and cutting-edge encryption technology with your existing email account(s). Just add your account(s) and go!
• Office 365
• Custom IMAP
• Exchange (if IMAP is enabled on server)
Various bug and stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting model but needs to improve
I like that you are able to try the tool for 5 days. Unfortunately 5 days is not enough to stick to a new email client from a previous experience, specially when there are limitations and bugs. I contacted the chat business support which I have to say is quite neat and works fine, with replies next day. They answered my questions and were interested in things that were not supposed to be wrong but indeed where in an iPad Pro with Apple Keyboard. Some of these bugs apparently got resolved in an update but since the trial period was over I updated the app and couldn’t verify this. I suggest that the trial period is zeroed with each new version. This would eventually attract new customers that are seeking for bugs to be fixed or new functionality implemented (to me, being able to load external images on a message by message basis). Otherwise the app will be deleted and forgotten.
Hi, as you have noted, we fix bugs regularly as they are brought to our attention. We will consider offering an additional trial period for users in your situation.
I’ve finally found my one
I’m an IT professional. Much of my life, a lot of people’s lives, revolves around email. I’ve been surprised with how hard it is to find a good email client for iOS. The default mail app is too basic, the “free” apps have shady business models, most paid apps are either clunky, unstable, subscription based, and/or also have shady business models. Canary is the first mail app I’ve found that does what I want in a streamlined package that isn’t from a company that’s keeping my emails or my passwords. I’ve bought or tried almost every email app for iPhone and Canary is the best of the bunch. Hoping for a unified inbox for WatchOS and maybe some tool-tips for icons, but otherwise, this is close to perfect and a steal at $4.99
Top Notch Indeed
If you want a more secure email client which does what it’s supposed to without all the shady “cloud” nonsense, this app is darn close. It’s worth a look and tryout, definitely.
It still has some issues. I know devs like and want their apps to leak data back to their servers, but that is not why people want to use this app. Turning off a lot of the analytics beacons and such are possible, but not explicit in how they protect user privacy. Clarification on the privacy front would be nice. Also, setting up encryption and accounts could be simplified. The layout can take some getting used to, as well. A more condensed folder tree would be lovely without that slide out bar.
As for crashes and bugs, I’ve had none. The fundaments work swimmingly. Please keep it up!
- Mailr Tech LLP
- 71.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Breton, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mailr Tech LLP
- In-App Purchases
- Canary Mail $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.