Canary - Teen Safety
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stop distracted driving and help save lives. Download Canary on your phone and your teen’s phone, and receive notifications in real-time when your child is engaging in risky behavior.
Know if your teen is:
• Using the phone while driving
• Exceeding a speed limit that you set
• Traveling into areas that are off-limits
• Staying out past curfew
• Near weather alerts
A couple of things to note:
• Canary has powerful features on its own, but it can do even more with your help. For everything to work, your child has to enable a passcode lock on their phone.
• Although Canary is built to be battery-friendly, it does use GPS, and can therefore affect battery life. We recommend keeping your phone connected to a charger while in the car. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Removes debugging features that were available by mistake on some devices.
This app is ok, not great. You can get alerts when your child speeds, uses the phone, etc. The problem, however, is that it's very buggy. I frequently can't connect to Canary's server to log in, and the app hangs up an awful lot. If your child has an iPhone, the app also can't tell you when they text, which is really what you want to know. It just seems like it's half baked, but I think it could be really good of some of these things were cleaned up.
works for me
Not sure why folks have had such bad experiences with the app. I like it a lot. I have not been interested in many of the features though.
For me, my focus is texting and driving. If my kid texts while driving, he no longer gets to drive my car. That simple. He is aware of that, and as a result, I believe he hasn’t texted while driving.
Speeding? He will pay the ticket, and insurance hike. talking on the phone? He doesn’t talk on the phone. Does any teen?
I recommend the app, and an earnest conversation with your teen, before hand. You text, you walk. The app monitors, cause we are all tempted.
First, the texting function doesn't work for iPhones which is crazy. Second, the gps is totally inaccurate. It puts my kid somewhere within 5 miles of where he actually is, which renders that basically useless.
The concept is great, but it isn't the reality.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 24, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TKLL LLC
- © 52apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.