Canary - Teen Safety
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stop distracted driving and help save lives. Download Canary on your phone and your teen’s phone, and receive notifications in real-time when your child is engaging in risky behavior.
Know if your teen is:
• Using the phone while driving
• Exceeding a speed limit that you set
• Traveling into areas that are off-limits
• Staying out past curfew
• Near weather alerts
A couple of things to note:
• Canary has powerful features on its own, but it can do even more with your help. For everything to work, your child has to enable a passcode lock on their phone.
• Although Canary is built to be battery-friendly, it does use GPS, and can therefore affect battery life. We recommend keeping your phone connected to a charger while in the car. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Removes debugging features that were available by mistake on some devices.
I never write reviews but I felt like venting my frustration with this app.
I got this app when my daughter started driving...90% of the time it doesn't work. The 10% of the time it works....it is great! But...I need it to work 100% of the time!
When I look at the pin point on the map (my daughter's location) it is wrong...it doesn't refresh to the new location. It would stay at the same location for several days (sometimes weeks). I've had my daughter refresh canary on her phone more times than I can count...even then, it only works (less than) half the time. :( Very disappointed in this app. I really wish they would fix all the problems with it. I am looking for another app now because I'm tired of being frustrated with this app never working right!!
Better start up instructions needed
Had this app for over 6 months for my son. Could never get it to work consistently. Did some research and found some basic settings on the phone that needed changed. Has worked well since. Not expecting this to keep my son from being in an accident- but as a monitoring tool to help me address speeding, using phone etc. Safe zones and restricted zones work well.
This app is ok, not great. You can get alerts when your child speeds, uses the phone, etc. The problem, however, is that it's very buggy. I frequently can't connect to Canary's server to log in, and the app hangs up an awful lot. If your child has an iPhone, the app also can't tell you when they text, which is really what you want to know. It just seems like it's half baked, but I think it could be really good of some of these things were cleaned up.