Play as Molli Pop as you fend off hordes of adorable ghosts in a twisted mansion forever haunted by the Phantom King! Power-up Molli with new flashlights and abilities as you level up - and team up with ghostly pups and other spectral creatures as you work together to clear the mansion of its sugar-craved evil!
- Vaporize ghosts with a wide array of different, upgradeable flashlights; from cursed lanterns to magical beam swords, each flashlight provides a different way to play!
- Need an edge to help overcome a difficult stage? Players can equip Charms to their flashlights, enhancing Molli with a multitude of different abilities and power-ups! Some charms even provide Molli with companions to aid her on her ghost-stomping adventure!
- Upon completing a stage, players can choose from a randomized set of candies and curses that will provide permanent power bonuses for the remainder of that run. Will you restore all of your hearts hoping to last longer before an untimely demise? Or will you sacrifice defense for ultimate power? The choice is yours!
- Visit 6 different regions of the Phantom King's mansion, each teeming with a variety of dangerous ghosts and ghouls. And be prepared to face-off against a mighty boss at the end of each stage!
- Participate in Daily Challenges that offer various rewards!
- Enjoy beautiful, hand-crafted pixel art with fluid animation that oozes ghostly charm
Controls: Control Molli by swiping the screen. Molli runs in one direction automatically, and swiping left or right makes her change direction. Swiping up or down will make her jump between floors. Certain flashlights you can use offer slightly different control schemes.
Twitter: @takoboystudios, @CM_Games
Candies n Curses now has dedicated Leaderboards!
Fight your way through hordes of ghosts and gobble those sugary sweets as quickly as you can because the Leaderboards for speed runners has arrived!
There are 7 leaderboards in total: 6 for each individual stage, and a 7th for speed running all 6 rooms in one run. To be #1 you need to be the fastest in the world. Let's see who can beat Candies 'n Curses the quickest!
SPEED RUN TOOLS
In the Settings menu, you can now toggle the Clock Button to display or hide the in-game timer.
Toggling to display the in-game timer is not required to record your time to the Leaderboards, but it's a useful tool to check how fast you're moving.
Love the game? Do you have feedback, questions, concerns, etc? Do you just love candy and need to express that passion?!
By pressing the Discord Button in the menu you'll be able to join our Discord family!
Many of our latest updates come straight from players like you providing feedback and suggesting interesting ideas. The community helps actively contribute to the game!
- Added random hints to the loading screen between rooms.
- Clash charm changes
- Level 1: 4x projectile damage
- Level 2: 3x projectile damage
- Toxic charm changes
- Level 1: fire damage 2x, 15% poison resistance
- Level 2: fire damage 1.5x, 15% poison resistance
- Level 3: fire damage 1.5x, 25% poison resistance
- Anti-Venom charm changes
- CP increased to 3
- Level 1: 10% poison resistence
- Level 2: 20% poison resistence
- Level 3: 25% poison resistance
- Anti-Blaze charm changes
- CP increased to 3
- Level 1: 10% fire resistence
- Level 2: 20% fire resistence
- Level 3: 25% fire resistance
- Resistance charm changes
- Level 1: 25% poison & fire resistance, 2.5x physical damage.
- Level 2: 25% poison & fire resistance, 2x physical damage.
- Level 3: 50% poison & fire resistance, 2x physical damage.
- Fixed crashing issue with Toxic Curse
- Fixed crashing issue with phone interruptions
- Removed the ad from the complete screen, if no ads was purchased.
Ratings and Reviews
Really fun way to pass some time!!
Alright so I’ve admittedly been waiting for this cute pixel game to drop and was super excited when it finally did!
First of all, the music is super fitting with the theme of the game. It was one of the few mobile games that I didn’t feel the need to immediately mute.
The way the pixels are done are superb. Honestly I love the outline around the ghosts and creatures that make it look sticker like, I just really enjoy that? Plus the storyline scenes remind me of old school stuff and I really enjoyed that feel of nostalgia while playing.
The controls are fairly simple, I struggled at first but only because of my own inability to comprehend, it’s pretty straight forward and easy to handle once you get the hang of it but don’t let my words deter you. The games bosses and such can be a bit challenging, leaving you to have to level up some more and keep coming back. Took me a few tries to get the first boss which is awesome that I can’t just easily grind through levels.
All in all, it’s a simple app with beautiful detail and a whole lot of charm!!! I’m glad I waited for this!! Thank you for the new time eater!!
I would give it 5 stars, but....
So this is an excellent game. The story is intriguing and the gameplay is simple, yet still challenging. The musical score is great as well. I love the throw back to old school 8-bit design. The only thing holding me back is the ads. Not even that there are ads, I am fine with a game supplementing it’s income with ads. That’s normal. What I have an issue with is that on more than one occasion an ad has locked my game down because there is no way to exit out of it. The “close” symbol is missing and nothing I click on gets me back to the game. I have to always shut down and relaunch the game, resulting in me losing my progress. I don’t know if it’s your ad program, or if it’s the specific ad I am having issues with (Happy Color, if that makes any difference.) If this specific problem were fixed, I’d easily give it a 5.
Developer Response ,
We have now fixed this issue! You can now go back to enjoying the game as intented.
I very rarely try new app games, but this one caught my attention. When I do end up downloading a new game, I usually play it for a day or two, then delete it, since they can’t seem to keep me glued to it. This game, Candies n’ Curses is one of the few games that has kept me playing for more than a week in a very long time. This game was so good, I decided to do an in-app purchase, which is the very first time I have ever did an in-app purchase for a phone game, but I felt this game deserved it. I hope to see more great things from this, like seasonal events or even new characters to play as. (At the very least make Molli customizable with different clothes and hair styles)
- Crescent Moon Games LLC
- 127.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tako Boy Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Launch Sale - Ads Free Pack $9.99
- Souls Doubler $4.99
- Premium $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.