Canon PRINT Business
By Canon Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Canon PRINT Business is a free application that enables you to print photographs and documents, read scanned data, upload to cloud storage services, etc. on a Canon laser multi-function device or laser printer from an iPhone or iPad.
- Print scanned data, images, documents, camera roll photos, and web pages.
- Read scanned data from a multi-function device.
- Image capture with a camera.
- Extract characters from data and create text-searchable PDF files by connecting with Readiris for iPad (iPad only).
- Work with files in local or cloud storage.
- Automatically detect multi-function devices and/or printers on a network, or manually search for them by specifying an IP address or DNS.
- Search multi-function devices and/or printers and initiate direct connection via Bluetooth.
- Touch the mobile terminal to log in to the multi-function device and/or printer (Bluetooth installed machine).
- Register multi-function devices and/or printers with a QR code.
- Check the print settings, and print data held in a multi-function device or printer.
- Use the address book of a mobile terminal in place of the address book registered in a multi-function device.
- Check the condition of a multi-function device or printer in detail, such as device status etc., via its Remote UI.
Functions that can be used vary according to the device, the firmware version of the device, and device settings you are using.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE series
Color imageRUNNER series
Color imageCLASS series
Laser Shot series
- Some device models do not support Canon PRINT Business. Check the list of supported device models on the Canon PRINT Business support page of the Canon website.
- For printing with PIXMA series, MAXIFY series or SELPHY series devices, use Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY.
- For scanning with imageFORMULA series devices, use CaptureOnTouch Mobile.
- Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to a wireless LAN access point.
- Your multi-function device and the access point must be connected by LAN or wireless LAN.
Items That Can Be Set with the Print Function
Output Method, Department ID Management, Output Size, Copies, Print Range, Source, Select Color, 2-Sided, Staple, 2 on 1
- Items that can be set vary according to each printer model.
Items That Can Be Set With the Scan Function
Color/Select Color, Resolution, Original Size/Scan Size, File Format, 2-Sided Original/2-Sided, Original Type, Density, Original Placement
- Available settings differ depending on the device model.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
- Supports iOS 11
- Fixed minor bugs
Works, but didn't solve the problem
I've been struggling to get mobile printing to work with an iPad and a Canon ImageClassmf733c. The problem was that printouts came out unreadably light. Black text came out light gray and colors were either washed out or invisible. Canon support said to use this app instead of AirPrint, but it didn't help.
I finally found that the problem is due to having Toner Save turned on. Toner Save seems to be incompatible with mobile printing. Turning it off solved the problem, and now both AirPrint and this app work. (If you search for "canon toner save" or look in your manual you'll find instructions to turn it on or off.) It's unfortunate that I can no longer use Toner Save, though.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 15, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 43.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Canon Inc.
- © Copyright CANON INC. 2012 All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.