Canon Mobile Printing
By Canon Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is a free application for Canon laser printers or multi-function laser printers (not PIXMA series, SELPHY series, or MAXIFY series printers) to easily print photographs, images, document files, PDF files, web pages, etc. from an iPhone or iPad.
For printing with PIXMA series, SELPHY series, or MAXIFY series printers, use PIXMA/MAXIFY Printing Solutions or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint.
- Quickly and easily set paper sizes.
- Print up to 20 images at one time.
- Start the camera and print a photograph you have just taken.
- Display and print web pages.
- Link to a wide variety of applications and print files.
- You can recreate the original layout of a Microsoft Office file by correcting the layout with the Data Conversion Service on the internet.
- Perform high speed printing with PDF direct printing.*
- Configure detailed print settings such as color mode, number of pages, and 2-sided printing.
- Automatically detect printers on a network, or search manually by specifying the IP address/DNS.
- Display in the app the optimum print settings according to the options attached to multi-function devices and printers.
- Store print data in multi-function printers and printers (not supported by all printers).
- Perform secure printing that requires a user name and password when printing.
- Enter department IDs and passwords from the app to print with multi-function devices and printers that use the Department ID Management function.
* Supported only by printer models equipped with PDF direct printing or the PS printing function, and printer models with an optional HDD, ROM, or RAM attached.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE series
Color imageRUNNER series
Color imageCLASS series
Laser Shot series
Some printer models do not support Canon Mobile Printing. Check the list of supported printer models on the Canon Mobile Printing support page of the Canon website.
- Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to a wireless LAN access point.
- Your multi-function printer or printer and the access point must be connected by LAN or wireless LAN.
- PDF files
- Document files
- Web pages
Cautions When Printing
- Some Microsoft Office files may not preview or print correctly depending on the content of their data. In such cases if you correct the layout with the Data Conversion Service, you can print the file with its original layout.
- Because supported printing functions differ between printers, print data may be output without the print settings used in this app being applied, depending on the printer model you are using.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
You can no longer use the Data Conversion Service with an old version of the app. Update the app to continue using this service.
- Supports iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3
- Supports iOS 8.1
- Additional supported multi-function devices/printers
- Fixed minor bugs
Works great in the office
Not sure what people are complaining about. I entered our office photocopier IP address and it's been working like a dream ever since. Doc, PDF, photos, the works! It prints them all in a convenient fashion (i.e. click the "export" button in safari or whatever you're using, select the Canon Mobile Printing app, and just print).
Connects fine but NEEDS the option to customize margins when the document is upload like PC. I have 4x6 paper that misses an inch of document due to an extra inch of white margin up top that comes with the file. PLEASE add this feature as it would help many.
Latest iOS update causes problems
I love this app, however iOS 8.2 causes some PDFs to fail when printing, while other continue to print.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Canon Inc.
- © Copyright CANON INC. 2012 All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.