CanOpener — for Headphones
By Good Hertz
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most from your music
“CanOpener conjures speakers from your headphones” – Pitchfork
“CanOpener's approach is anything but snake oil — it's science” – Gizmodo
“CanOpener is an excellent app for listening with headphones on iOS” – TUAW
CanOpener makes listening to music better on iOS. Fine-tune the listening experience for your own ears, headphones, and personal tastes.
▶ Crossfeed – We’d all love to listen to music on great speakers. But — most of the time — modern life calls for headphones. CanOpener’s unique “Crossfeed” helps you recreate, on headphones, the rich sonic experience of listening on high-end speakers.
▶ Equalizer – Dial in some more clarity, scoop the mids, boost or cut the bass. CanOpener offers flexible tone shaping with gorgeous, touchable equalizer options.
▶ Dosimeter and loudness metering – CanOpener can measure precisely how loud you are listening, helping you monitor your listening habits and protect your hearing.
• Play your existing iTunes library with CanOpener, no importing
• Support for lossless audio formats like FLAC and ALAC
• Play hi-res audio up to 192kHz/24
• Proven crossfeed algorithm and extensive monitoring controls
• Mastering-grade baxandall equalizer with spectrogram
• dB SPL prediction & dosimeter
• More precise volume control
• Gapless playback
• 64-bit digital audio path
• Good Hertz sample rate converter & dither
Add-ons (available for In-App purchase):
• Pencil EQ™ – A new equalizer option that allows you to create any EQ shape by simply drawing.
• Speaker+™ – Optimizes your built-in iPhone speaker sound
• HiFi Pack - Unlocks even higher quality sample rate conversion and dither controls for pro users
Find us on Twitter @canopener
More info at: goodhertz.com/canopener
Thank you for your support!
* We recommend using CanOpener with iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or newer devices.
* CanOpener can play iTunes Match files, but the files must be downloaded to your device.
What's New in Version 1.22
• Improved dither reliability for all users
• Fix for FLAC library issues on iOS 6.0
• Improved library reloading for users with very large music collections
One last thing: if you enjoy listening to music with CanOpener, please take a moment to write us a nice review on the AppStore — a good review always helps!
A Music App for Music Lovers
Update: thanks for the non-intrusive "Rate me" nudge.
There is a renaissance of apps coming out that serve the needs of users that the digital, streaming age has forgotten about. Namely, this renaissance has been in the creation of apps that focus on *one* type of media, and do it well.
I choose CanOpener as my main media player. Yes, I am an Rdio subscriber. However, CanOpener has created a product that has made me want to plug in my old hard drive and unearth my vinyl FLAC rips of every version of every Beatles Album released. It made me want to keep things local, and it has made me love to love my music library again.
Streaming music serves as a great venue for those looking to discover new music. For those of us who understand their sonic tastes, and want to hear it at its best, CanOpener is currently unmatched.
There is one caveat to the app. Because we (users) need to use the app as the portal to their own music library, it would be nice for there to be a greater emphasis on helping them find their own music. I would love if the developers prominently featured a tab (icon) to access the music library, instead of having to close a bunch of panes to unearth the button that grants access to the music library.
Does a lot out of the box.
Enjoying CanOpener so far. At the $1.99 it does what I mostly need to begin with. The color spectrum of the equalizer is brilliant, although I’m using the Brighter preset at the moment combined with the Lifelike Crossfeed preset. If you’re worried about it having lots of IAP to begin with, I can assure you that it’s just as robust without them. I will consider buying them at a later date though.
Best way to listen to music!
I can't say enough about this program. Only gripe is that it would be nice if you could save a default headphone selection / cross feed / eq. setting, you currently have to deselect everything any time you pull out the headphone jack. Otherwise, excellent user interface and the dosimeter is an excellent feature if you use supported headphones.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 16, 2014
- Version: 1.22
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Good Hertz LLC
- © Good Hertz LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hi-Fi Pack$4.99
- Pencil EQ$3.99