Canvas by Instructure
By Instructure Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
It’s time to get in touch with your education. Your Canvas content goes everywhere with you on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Canvas by Instructure allows you to:
• View your Canvas activity stream
• Stay on top of your to do items
• View your course schedule and syllabus
• Read and participate in course discussions
• Turn in homework assignments
• Upload files, videos, and audio recordings
• Read, create, and reply to inbox messages
• Study and navigate course pages
• View grades for your courses and individual assignments
• View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor
• Access and participate in Canvas groups
If your school is using Instructure Canvas, grab the Canvas app and keep your education within reach.
What's New in Version 3.18.6
iOS 11 compatibility and various bug fixes and performance improvements
logs out and threatens to lock up
It constantly kicks me out of Canvas only to have me attempt to log back in. It often times doesn't recognize my college's name when I type it in to find the correct domain, claiming it isn't a part of the list of schools recognized as Canvas users. It also does not recognize my user name every time I am logged off by it. Along with these major problems that Canvas suffers from, it does not permit you to view any slides a professor may put on to Canvas; it will only appear as a white word document with the title on the slides at the top. That's it. Over all this app is a terrible waste of time and a constant set back when professors are supposed to upload assignments and grades. Not to mention majority of assignments are turned in using Canvas. These major problems are affecting my ability to complete assignments! This problem is insurmountable.
Very good option to access Canvas
I’m a full-time student and my university uses Canvas as our main platform for accessing course content and interfacing with peers and instructors online. My main device is an iPad Pro, and for the most part the Canvas app for iOS works very well, as well as on my iPhone. However, the lack of support for split-screen multitasking on iPad is the only drawback I have experienced as it makes working on assignments in Word or taking notes with OneNote while watching a lecture essentially impossible on one device. Support for those last few Pro features would make the app perfect for me but it still serves its purpose very well for day to day use.
Nice graphics and simple, but the desktop version has way more features. I was hoping to monitor grades and due dates using the App but none of that info is syncing. ?? Also the help menu is of no use. I don't know what some of the UI capabilities are either but there's no description. I'll keep the app on my phone and hope for more features soon!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 3.18.6
- Size: 159 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Instructure, Inc.
- © Instructure
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.