Canvas by Instructure
By Instructure Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s time to get in touch with your education. Your Canvas content goes everywhere with you on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Canvas by Instructure allows you to:
• View your Canvas activity stream
• Stay on top of your to do items
• View your course schedule and syllabus
• Read and participate in course discussions
• Turn in homework assignments
• Upload files, videos, and audio recordings
• Read, create, and reply to inbox messages
• Study and navigate course pages
• View grades for your courses and individual assignments
• View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor
• Access and participate in Canvas groups
If your school is using Instructure Canvas, grab the Canvas app and keep your education within reach.
What's New in Version 3.18.4
- Added: Gauge LTI support
- Added: Refined annotations support to match Canvas DocViewer
- Fixed: Various other bug and crash fixes
Seems to be ok
I took the canvas orientation and it seems to be ok. It is not as intuitive as I would have liked it to be. It should be adequate, but not outstanding.
Works smoothly, but needs to work in window
Recently my Graduate school has switched from using another modular format to using Canvas. I really like how smooth everything runs on Canvas, everything is very easy to access once sees how the classes are laid out.
One big drawback to this interface is that it doesn't allow videos to play in the small window when you're using another app, like safari or messages.
YouTube or FaceTime will have a drop down window where you can still watch and hear the videos as you take notes or look something up, but everytime I try, the video pauses until I pull it back up full screen in the app.
This would not seem like such a big deal, but this does not allow me to take notes like I could before while I'm watching the video. It makes it very inconvenient and I'm not sure how I'll take notes electronically now on my ipad.
EDIT: issue above is still a problem, and now, I am no longer able to upload papers to submit from iCloud! How else am I to submit any documents without purchasing a subscription to google docs? The only option that pulls up on my iPad is to grab from my photos. It will not locate my PDF app nor will it detect that I have Word or even enable me to pull documents from the iCloud like before. Major issue that needs to be looked into, as my iPad Pro is my only computer source to do these classes from home!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 19, 2017
- Version: 3.18.4
- Size: 141 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Instructure, Inc.
- © Instructure
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.