By Instructure Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
It’s time to get in touch with your education. Your Canvas content goes everywhere with you on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Canvas Student allows you to:
• View your Canvas activity stream
• Stay on top of your to do items
• View your course schedule and syllabus
• Read and participate in course discussions
• Turn in homework assignments
• Upload files, videos, and audio recordings
• Read, create, and reply to inbox messages
• Study and navigate course pages
• View grades for your courses and individual assignments
• View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor
• Access and participate in Canvas groups
If your school is using Instructure Canvas, grab the Student app and keep your education within reach.
What's New in Version 3.19.3
- Fixes an issue where the current period’s total grade does not appear by default for institutions using multiple grading periods
Works pretty good. I like using it, and do.
I definitely get benefit from using this app for three classes now. Starting on the 4th. I gave it 5 stars because it is useful. Recommendations for improvement include: the Echo 360 videos do not have audio on my iPad; the People section does not have the groups; power point slides get rendered a little off, but good enough, and there is a way to copy to Power Point for IOS so that is ok. Pretty good integration with Office and OneDrive on IOS; the discussions it would be nice to have a toggle to a view with all reply’s expanded, then back again to only top level posts to be drilled down into. The first two made it so I had to lug my personal laptop on business trips in order to do all I needed for the classes. Still, I found this app worthwhile. Keep on improving it so that it can be used equivalently to the full PC browser based version.
No longer getting notifications
Not sure which update changed it, but I have not received notifications of messages or grade updates on the past few weeks. I would usually receive an alert on my iPhone directly from the app, but the notifications are not coming through. I also made sure my settings were set to notify on my phone as well.
Was Great, Needs Updated
I used to love the app and for about two weeks now I am not able to open the app. It sits on startup screen for several minutes before I close it out in hopes that it will start up. I have tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and just about everything else there is to do to get it to open. Nice that this would just happen right before finals. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 3.19.3
- Size: 163 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Instructure, Inc.
- © Instructure
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.