Canvas Parent is designed to provide visibility into your child’s education at a glance. Canvas Parent allows parents to:
View assignment descriptions and due dates
Set reminders for assignments
View assignment grades
View course grades
Set grade alerts
View course announcements
- Fixed viewing long assignment and event descriptions
- Allow parents enrolled in unpublished courses to access the app
- Allow institution admins with the proper permissions to masquerade
- Fixed a bug where users on domains using canvas auth couldn't log in
- Clarified message when viewing an expired announcement
- Fixed calendar events loading for non-English locales
- Fixed an issue with saving settings for a student
- Maintain selected tab and calendar start date when switching between children
Ratings and Reviews
If I could give this app negative stars I would. What kind of app is built where the kids can see their grades but the parents can’t. Not very smart in my book at least I can see what the grades were in progress book and I don’t know if they’ve turned in assignments or have a turn in assignments you show things are red but there’s nothing to look at. If there’s a more messed up way that we could do this I don’t know of it this is by far one of the worst things that I’ve ever seen an education system do. Thanks for making my job as a parent harder because now I have no clue if they’re doing better or worse only when I see their final grades for the quarter or semester do I know they didn’t do good but I couldn’t tell because Canvas is not friendly. Nor is it helpful. Please a band in this app or get better at it.
Everyone associated with this App should be fired and banned from coding for eternity. It's really that bad. There is absolutely nothing useful about this app. Based upon the functionality currently offered in this App, we are years away from having something almost useful. The UI is horrible. There is no separation between my two kids' info. No grades displayed. No assignment details. The grade I give Canvas is an F.
The fact that my tax dollars are going to support this worthless application makes me want to fire the entire school board.
Update: latest release is just as worthless as all the previous versions. There really is no hope for this software package and App.
One star is a gift...
This app is full of bugs and errors. I have absolutely no idea why our school district selected this LMS platform. It isn't user friendly for teachers or parents. Assignments are sometimes listed as missing, but aren't because obviously teacher weren't consulted in the design process...instructure, there is a lag time between a due date and the grade being assigned. It would be nice to see a list of assignments under each course rather than searching through the calendar for the assignment. And the assignments shouldn't disappear.
- Instructure, Inc.
- 145.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Instructure Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.