Trainline Europe (Captain Train) - train tickets
By Capitaine Train
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trainline, previously Captain Train, is the quickest and easiest solution for booking train tickets online in Europe. Since 2011, more than 1.8 million users trust us to book their tickets in France (SNCF, iDTGV, OUIGO, OUIBUS), Germany (Deutsche Bahn, HKX), Italy (Trenitalia, Italo, Thello), Spain (Renfe), the U.K. (Eurostar), Switzerland (Lyria), and Belgium and the Netherlands (Thalys).
==== TRAINLINE: THE NEW NAME FOR CAPTAIN TRAIN ====
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Captain Train—our French equivalent—and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
==== WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT US ====
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly” — The Guardian
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”— Business Insider
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.trainline.eu” — Mark from Seat61.com
==== BUY TICKETS AT THE BEST PRICE ====
• Pay no booking fees or hidden costs. We have the lowest prices.
• Select your preferred seats for the train
• Find and book tickets for all trains in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and nearby countries: TGV, ICE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Renfe, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking feature.
• Pay however you want: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
==== BOOK YOUR TRIP SUPER FAST ====
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a passenger profile for any fellow travellers.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Add your journeys to your calendar and Passbook in only one click.
==== TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? ====
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent (certified by the SNCF or the Deutsche Bahn) we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients because our prices are aligned with the rail operator’s fares.
==== YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR? ====
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @trainline_eu. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
What's New in Version 34
Allow us to introduce ourselves. We're Trainline International's marketing team and we're temporarily replacing the editor who usually writes the Apple App Store release notes. Today we are proud to unveil the exceptional innovations developed by our team of experts to make your trips more intelligent and more smart.
JOIN THE APPLE PAY REVOLUTION
At Trainline, we are passionate about payment. To better meet your needs and make your online shopping experience more intuitive, more secure, more fluid and more digital than ever. With Apple Pay, we now offer an additional payment solution that is both innovative and perfectly aligned with our mission of simplification. Of course, Apple Pay works with all phones, provided that it's the latest iPhone.
At Trainline, we are passionate about contrast. With our previous update, we changed the colours of our interface to deploy our brand new platform in full 360. Soon after this, your voices and feedback were heard on social media, where we are on constant standby to take part in the conversation. On request and after a quick passage in the War Room, 600 post-its, 120 slides and 8 focus groups, we reviewed, revised and revived our colours. The result: our new contrasts are up to 50% more contrasting. Our interface is clearer and sharper so you can be too.
At Trainline, we are passionate about commitment. We believe that influential brands are those that create engaging content, through the logic of transparency. That is why we have taken extra care with the UX of our legal information and have adapted it with a "storytelling" tone in order to provide you with an unprecedented reading experience. You'll find the new section of "Legal information" completely resigned to reflect our ever changing emotional paradigm.
At Trainline, we are passionate about fare conditions. To make you feel more comfortable, we've optimised the display of the ticket's details. If several passengers have tickets for the same price, we now group their names together in the box that describes and explains the fare type and conditions. This new feature dramatically improves the readability of fare conditions to give you a total visual immersion.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 23, 2016
- Version: 34
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Capitaine Train
- © 2009 - 2016 Capitaine Train SAS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.