The mobile banking app from Capital Bank, a division of First Tennessee Bank National Association, is free to download and offers you a convenient, secure way to manage your financial life on the go. The app lets you deposit a check, view your account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, create and manage budgets, track spending, and set timely alerts and notifications to keep you in the know. You can even bring all of your financial accounts together – even ones you have at other banks – and move money easily between them all.
• Enable Quick Glance℠ to check balances and see recent transactions without logging in
• Easy, secure log in with the touch of your finger (Face ID authentication also available for iPhone X)
• Set alerts and push notifications to your iPhone®, Apple Watch®, or iPad®
• Deposit checks with Mobile Deposit
• Check your account balances and view recent transactions
• Transfer funds between eligible accounts at any time
• Pay bills, add payees, see payments made, or cancel payments
• Move money between all of your financial accounts – even ones at other banks
• Create budgets, designate savings goals and track progress
• Find the nearest Capital Bank ATM or financial center
• Convenience – Bank wherever you go and at any time of the day
• Control – It’s easy to monitor your account and quickly move money, pay bills or even cancel a payment
• Support – A dedicated mobile specialist is just a quick call away
• Security – Enjoy the highest level of protection against account fraud
How to Get Started
Simply download the app, use your Digital Banking credentials to log in, and you’re ready to begin banking on the go!
Ratings and Reviews
Riches to Rags - in search of a new bank
I banked with Capital Bank for several years, even when I did not live near a branch. I often told people that if they wanted a great bank with wonderful customer service without sacrificing the features offered by larger banks then they should move their money to Capital Bank. First Horizon/First Tennessee is everything I don’t want in a bank. I’ve lost the mobile banking features that made my life easier (pay a friend, the ability to view a check that cleared....I mean seriously, what bank doesn’t provide pictures of the checks in account detail?). My mortgage information is no where to be found. The payment was due June 1st, I was set up for auto-draft, now I can’t find my loan details nor reach a customer service representative to tell me if the auto-draft is just delayed or if I need to mail a check from this garbage app that makes even mailing a check cumbersome. I received an email saying I had a statement available but in the statements section of the app I only have a message “no statements available.” I can’t even view prior months. Don’t move customers to a platform that isn’t ready.
The old Capital bank was simpler and better
Hi, I am an electronic customer. The new app is really bad. You should have followed the Old Capital Bank app features. This one makes all confuse, to say the least. The main menu looks awful in iOS. There is no transaction description at a glance (first page or dashboard window). I see too many things spread along the design and definitely the dashboard is not helping. Maybe not app related but scheduled transfer actions are sent twice, early morning, pending and sms, and applied late on the day, another sms. My statements are not available online although received an email asserting otherwise. In general is a clunky, user-unfriendly app. Looks like desperate work. I hope you change/redesign sooner than later. I am a good customer and I’d like to stay but if you count on the app design to keep customers and attract new I found it very difficult. Looking at the rates the app has seems that I am not alone on this. Hoping you change for better fast. I find hard to believe someone would give 5stars rate, the programmers and designers maybe.
Worst app ever. Worst bank ever.
This is what you get when people make changes solely for the sake of change. After 16 years with TIB, through two mergers, I’ve had enough of this outfit. I do 99.9% of my banking on line, use 'bill pay' function exclusively, have not written a paper check in years. In the past the bank would mail out a check and charge it to my account when the payee deposited it, just like a paper check, and I would receive an image of the check just like a paper check. Now these geniuses take the money out of my account before they even put the check in the mail. There is no image provided when the check is paid, in fact I have no way of knowing if or when the check is EVER paid. Meanwhile the bank has pocketed my money. Real slick for them, playing the float at my expense. How is this even legal?? Obviously I am looking for a new bank.
- First Tennessee Bank National Association
- 381.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ® 2018 First Tennessee Bank National Association. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.