Capital Press E-Edition
By EO Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Capital Press E-Edition is now available 24/7 everywhere you are. The iPad app is an exact replica of the printed newspaper with customizable features to fit your needs.
You can flip through pages and skim headlines as you would the printed edition. But better than that, The Capital Press E-Edition allows you to enlarge type with the tap of a finger, or jump instantly to the conclusion of a story on another page. You can link to websites mentioned in stories with a single touch, or fire off an e-mail to an address linked from the newspaper. Even better, the E-Edition includes videos and photo galleries with many stories. And if you missed the paper one day, don't worry. The Capital Press E-Edition lets you download past E-Editions, too.
While the app is free, a subscription to will be required to access content after a free trial period.
The app allows you to download and access the paper when you’re offline, on the road or in flight. It's easy to save the information you want for later.
Stay connected to the events in your world with the Capital Press E-Edition iPad app!
- Agriculture News
- and more!
What's New in Version 2.5.37
This is a major update with performance and operational enhancements
to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and
the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page
spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a
separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second
double tap returns page to default size. Pinch page any time to zoom.
- Change default tap actions for single, double and two-finger taps in
Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line
reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming
-Receive availability alerts for new editions
- Improved iOS7 and Retina display compliance
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 29, 2014
- Version: 2.5.37
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: East Oregonian Publishing Co Inc
- © 2012 Capital Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.