The official Cap Metro App offers customer quick trip planning tools, online ticketing, real-time arrival information and other great features to make riding easy. It is the first app of its kind to offer mobile ticketing in the Austin area and one of the only in the country. Whether you’re at home, on the go or on the bus, pull up the app to access the Trip Planner tool and easily buy tickets. Not sure how to get there? With schedules and route maps offered in the Cap Metro App, you’re only a click away from your next trip.
This app requires iOS 9 or higher. We recommend using iOS 10 to take advantage of all the app features.
- Buy tickets for Local, Premium or Commuter services. Eligible customers can also purchase MetroAccess and Reduced Fares.
- Trip Planner feature plans a customized itinerary based on your starting and ending locations. Save favorite trips for easier planning.
- Schedules available for all routes in the system. Real-time available for MetroRapid and MetroRail services.
- Route Maps viewable by service and route number.
- Next Departure features allows you to find the next bus near your location.
For customer service assistance please contact the Capital Metro GO Line at 512-474-1200 or visit the website at capmetro.org.
If you use a Reduced Fare ID Card, you must first visit the Capital Metro Transit Store (located in downtown Austin at 209 West Lavaca, open Monday – Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm) to have a Capital Metro representative activate the reduced fare purchasing option on the app. Students looking to purchase reduced fares on the app must first complete the Reduced Fare ID Card eligibility process and then have a Transit Store representative activate the reduced fare purchasing option.
If you are a MetroAccess customer, you can register to purchase MetroAccess passes on the app by calling MetroAccess at 512-369-6067. Please have your client ID number available and email address used to register your account.
Ratings and Reviews
Next Departure very inaccurate
The app’s “Next Departure” feature is inaccurate. There should be GPS on all buses for accurate info.
I used sometimes and never disappointed the times the routes etc. Perfect!
Laggy and odd
The app is mostly okay - especially for a transit app. It’s very laggy though which is annoying when you are getting on to the bus and dealing with an (understandably) impatient driver. This problem is made SUBSTANTIALLY worse by the very odd fact that e-passes need to be activated basically before every ride?? I truthfully don’t understand why when I activate a week pass for example, it doesn’t stay activated. That way I can just open the ticket (however laggy) and just show the driver without having to activate it again.
This isn’t an app problem, but perhaps drivers should be trained to look at the expiration date of the ticket once we click on the “use tickets” page. It comes before activation which means they do not have to wait for passengers to load tickets. Just a thought.
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- 73.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.