Capsicum helps you plan your day, track your habits, and tell your story. With Planning, you can check the forecast, see your schedule, tackle your to-do list, and take notes. With Habit Tracking, you can add habits you want to track such as flossing or going for a run, mark these off, and review your history. With Loose Leaf, you can make lists of anything you want and keep a journal.
Inspired by physical planners, Capsicum allows you to create multiple notebooks, each with your own personal style. Add Siri Shortcuts to help log habits on the go.
Capsicum is free to try for 14 days and after this requires a subscription for full access.
Subscription Pricing and Terms
Capsicum offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
These prices are for United States customers. Please check the app to see the price in your own currency.
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at a cost in your local currency. You can manage your subscriptions by going into your iTunes account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription allowed during active period. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact us at email@example.com. We are here to help and respond to every inquiry.
- New feature: Search. Introducing a new tab in your Notebooks: Search. Search your Tasks, Events, Notes, and Habits, and filter your results for easier viewing.
- New setting: Units. You can now manually select temperature units from the Settings screen. We previously automatically used your regions settings, but now you can override these if you wish.
- Improved: Time Travel icon. The icon is now a Calendar with today’s date.
- Improved: Time Travel has been improved with a few design tweaks.
- Fixed a bug that prevented logging tasks via Siri Shortcuts.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun watching app evolve & improve
Update: Very nice update to ‘Time Travel’ that solves the navigation challenges mentioned below. It’s been fun watching this app evolve and improve over the past month or so. Thanks for all of your hard work!
As someone who has purchased hundreds of apps and downloaded thousands since the App Store launched, I’m always on the lookout for compelling apps. After watching ‘App: The Human Story’, I knew I wanted to check out Ish’s apps. My first impressions of Capsicum are as follows:
From a design perspective, this app seems to be oriented towards a rather narrow demographic. I really cannot find a color/pattern scheme that I really dig. Perhaps in the future their could be options that are oriented towards a much broader demographic.
It’s incredibly inefficient to navigate to a different date/month, as you are required to type out the entire date. Since the fundamental task of a planner is to aid you in scheduling your day, it should be much easier to navigate between days/months. As it stands, it’s just much easier to add events within Apple’s native Calendar app.
The animations that occur, once you tap on the app’s icon, are far too slow. From the time you tap on icon to being presented with an open planner takes seconds. This needs to be addressed.
Things that I’m really enjoying thus far include the design of your icon, in app tutorials, slick page turn animations, innovative implementation of free trial period, and the simplicity of tracking habits. I would love to see you implement subtle, nuanced haptics throughout the app, as that makes apps more fun & delightful to use.
I’m also really enjoying the simple, clean, elegant, and lightweight implementation of ‘Habit Tracking’. This feature is excellent in helping me keep track of positive habits that I hope to begin/develop further in 2019.
Thanks for all of your hard work in coding/designing this app. I’ve decided to subscribe and look forward to seeing it evolve over the coming months.
I like the idea
Thank you! Looks like the problems have been fixed!
I've been searching far and wide for an app like this (a page for each day with events, to dos and a single field for notes). I ran into some problems:
- The trial expiring (I'm pretty sure this was not intentional, most likely a software bug)
- When I add new notes, the notes don't actually appear on the notes area. It just says "Notes"? I'm not sure if this has to do with there not beong an active trial or subscription but I think a notes app should viewable when you're on the page (instead of double tapping to bring up a separate notes window)
- And sometimes the animations are just a bit clunky like the page flip or the pages just don't flip sometimes so I can't even scroll to the previous or next day. I'm on a pretty newish phone (iPhone 8+) and it runs reasonably well in most other apps I use.
I reeeeeally want this to be a good app cuz I've been looking for so long for one like this.
Developer Response ,
Thanks. Sorry about the bugs that slipped through at launch. We submitted a fix right away but it took a few days to be approved. It's available now and should fix tons of bugs including the message saying that the trial is expired, the notes, and the performance. To make up for the rocky start we're adding an additional 7-days to the trial (that don't have to be used on consecutive days).
I like the overall functionality. I was looking for a calendar app with which to track my habits and found that and more within this app. The integration with Siri is a nice touch. As noted by other reviewers, it is a bit slow to respond, and lacks the ability to quickly return to the current date (or select a date from a date picker). I find the weather feature to be superfluous, especially if it is one of the drivers of the subscription fee. It shows a lot of promise. I look forward to seeing how it evolves!
- Illuminated Bits LLC
- 131.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Illuminated Bits 2018- 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Premium Annual Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.