By The Growl Project
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Do you accidentally press the Caps Lock key all the time? If so, the Capster is exactly what you need. This easy to use application will tell you when you pressed the Caps Lock, either on its own or through Growl.
When you press the Caps Lock key, Capster's menu bar icon will change as well. For touch typists this is a great way to keep your focus on the screen.
What's New in Version 3.0
- Capster now includes updated artwork.
- Capster can now make a sound when you press the Caps Lock key.
- You can now get notifications for the Function (FN) key.
- You can now get notifications for the Num Lock key.
Works and is helpful, could use more features
Thanks for this app!
1. I'd like to be able to control how long the "off" notification is up, or if it even shows (I don't think it's even needed)
2. option for colored icons - when capslock is pressed maybe have an option for a super bright red icon - or maybe even blinking
3. if we can detect when the key is pressed - is it even possible to disable it or to remap it to another key? Maybe tab or regular shift key? Or maybe have it do nothing at all (I'd be happy with that - the ONLY time I hit this key is by accident). I know you can turn it off in the system preferences but this doesn't work for all keyboards, for example I'm using a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard, and I can't turn it off - believe me I've tried (if you know how and tell me, we're BFFs ;-) . Btw, I'm also a developer so I understand that observing the keyboard is a lot easier than changing the behavior of the keyboard.
Good idea, but has a crucial failing.
I often compute outdoors and cannot see whether the caps-lock light is on or off. The reason I got this was because it has a menu bar indicator that shows the caps-lock status. Unfortunately, it completely fails in this regard because the change in the indicator is almost imperceptible, especially on a retina display outdoors. If the author would allow the user to customize the status icon’s on and off colors, that would solve this problem, and I will then come back and revise my rating to 5 stars. As it is I can only give it 2.
No reminder that caps lock is still on
This is nice but I was really looking for a utility that would play a sound continuously while the caps lock key is depressed. My problem is not just hitting caps lock accidentally but forgetting that it's engaged. Therefore, it would help if the app played a chime, say, every 5 seconds to remind me that caps lock is still on. Also it would be nice if it had its own chime sound rather than playing the system sound.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 12, 2012
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: The Growl Project, LLC
- © 2011 The Growl Project, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor