By Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Music. Your Way.
Introducing CapTune by Sennheiser.
CapTune is a premium music player and a powerful sound optimization tool for your headphones, putting you in control of the music you love. Make precise adjustments with the equalizer or simply choose presets and effects to fit your taste, mood or surroundings. And then, save your Sound Profiles to suit your listening environment and personalize your listening experience anytime, anywhere.
What’s more, CapTune seamlessly integrates TIDAL so you can create your own multi-source playlists.
• Integration of player and equalizer in one app
• SoundCheck to set personal equalizer by A/B listening tests
• Equalizer presets and effects; created by Sennheiser, personalized by user
• Control stored and streamed music and create multi–source playlists
• Integration with TIDAL’s high fidelity music streaming (availability of services depends on region)
• Sound Profiles save your music and settings for different listening situations
• Smart user interface
• Compatible with wired and wireless Bluetooth as well as AirPlay devices
• Color design themes to match headphones and taste
PLAYER & EQUALIZER FACTS:
• Plays MP3, AIFF, AAC, WAV and Apple Lossless (ALAC) audio files (may vary in regards to device capabilities)
• Automatic import of iTunes library and playlists
• Real-time spectrum analyzer
• 7 band equalizer and 14 band free curve equalizer
• Both equalizers also available in landscape mode
PRODUCT SPECIFIC FEATURES OF CAPTUNE:
• Control and individualize the new PXC 550 Wireless travel headset
• Control and individualize the new MB 660 office headset
• Well balanced spatial boost for Sennheiser Momentum series
• Momentum specific color themes
• CapTune requires iOS 9 or later and works with iPhone 4s or newer
• DRM protected iTunes audio files are NOT supported by CapTune
What's New in Version 1.6.3
- CapTune is now available in Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Japanese and Russian language
- Support “Dior Homme x Sennheiser” edition headphones
- Improved user interaction e.g. volume slider
Some Good EQ Features but Needs Work
I love my Sennheiser PXC-550 headphones and I like some of the customizable equalization features that the free Sennheiser "Captune" app adds to my listening experience, but unfortunately this app needs work. If I use Captune to access my iPhone's music library, frequently Captune won't let me play a song that Captune thinks is somehow DRM-protected or seemingly any song I've rightfully/legally downloaded via my Apple Music monthly subscription service. Whatever the case, this bug needs to be fixed, because the majority of the music I have loaded on my iPhone is music which I purchased on CD, subsequently ripped to my iMac and then copied to my iPhone. So the Captune app is preventing me from listening to music that I outright own! Now I can bypass this annoyance by simply NOT using Captune, but then what's the point of having the app on my iPhone at all??!!
I really like my PXC-550 headphones, but this app is a joke. Limiting it to work with only local files or Tidal is effectively pointless for the vast majority of users. On top of that, it's very buggy and I found myself having to restart the app to get around the UI bugs.
It does allow you to change a few settings on the headphones, so it's not entirely useless. It would be nice to support headphone firmware updates, but it doesn't seem to allow that either.
Sennheiser makes great gear, but they should be ashamed of this junk app.
Great App for fine tuning
I love that you can set your own noise cancellation level for my pxc 550.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 20, 2017
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Sennheiser electronic
- © 2017 Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.