Car and Driver is the definitive voice and essential resource for automotive enthusiasts and industry leads alike. Journalistic focus on performance and technology. Dedicated to delivering leading-edge reporting on all things related to automobiles. Offers uncontested authority, penetrating insight and proven foresight on where the industry is moving and how that will impact drivers.
SUBSCRIBE NOW AND GET YOUR FIRST ISSUE FREE! Don't forget, you can also get free access to issues with a timed preview (on your iPhone, too!).
Plus, share app content with your favorite social networks. Using a simple two-finger tap, actual images of the content itself are “clipped” and can be sent directly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, or via email or saved to your photo roll.
Download our free app today! Select the issue you'd like to purchase, or sign up with a subscription and save!
Please note that you must have iOS 10.0 or higher installed on your device to use this app.
Car and Driver Magazine US Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $5.99*
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This release includes bug fixes and general stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve had issues in the past, but love the interface now.
I have been using the Car and Driver app for several years now. The simple PDF-like version was cumbersome to maneuver. This one makes sense for an electronic version. I love the way that you can continuously scroll from the beginning to the end of an article. It also is great how you can leave the app and hours or days later come back to it and it remembers where you left off.
There are a few minor quirks in scrolling. Sometimes I tap to scroll and it thinks I double tapped and zooms in. Another thing I struggle with is how to get the title & navigation bars to disappear so I can see the full screen. Other than that it’s perfect. And the Car and Driver content is always awesome.
Does not work
I love the magazine, but the electronic version does not work as it should. I have a paid subscription so I downloaded the December issue when it became available. I did not get all the way through it before the January issue was released, but I no longer have access to the December copy. To read it, I am prompted to pay again, even though I am a paid subscriber.
To make matters worse, I attempted to download the January issue, but an error popped up saying I don’t have the storage space. This Ipad has 15 gb of unused space, so O know there is plenty of storage space.
This app needs fixed because as it stands, I will not renew my subscription.
Oh no - here we go again!
The app was recently updated and they went back to the old, crappy way of presenting the magazine. The UI is confusing and inconsistent. Most of the links do not work.
In addition, all of my downloaded editions were deleted with this update! That includes all of the favorites I bookmarked. Worse, the space used by the old editions was not freed up. To do that I had to delete and reinstall the app. All this with no advanced notice of all the changes.
I really liked the previous, simpler version.
- Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.
- 74.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Car & Driver is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2018. Car & Driver is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Car and Driver Magazine $1.99
- Car and Driver Magazine $19.99
- January 2014 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.