See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 - you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda Skyactiv, and others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) And one more thing - Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access.
Recommended adapters brands: Kiwi 3, Viecar, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention "bad" adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.
1) Settings backup/restore
2) Now Car Scanner accepts BRC (data record), CBZ (backup) and CSV (custom pids) files
3) Added new connection profiles
Ratings and Reviews
I tried atleast 10 apps, for a Generic ELM 327-wifi dongle, which was the cheapest I could find. This App, had the options that most apps had (standard) and then quite a few more. Apps ranged in ease, of Setup. But this app, was Simple, and was able to fund my cheap reader on it’s own. Without doing anything besides selecting it on my iPhones wifi. Which was something you do with all apps, until phone auto connects after first setup. Love the amount of stuff you can change with custom dashboard gauges. More then most the apps. Buy it. And I recommend buying an OBD reference app, that is make specific to your vehicle to go with whichever app you choose. Even store bought expensive scanners, are vague as hell when you look up the erroe codes. Fixed my car, and saved alot of mechanic guessing.
Followed the developers advice and purchased one of the ELM327 Compatible OBD-II Scanners recommended by the developer (VeePeak). Followed the instructions to ensure iPhone and Scanner connected via Bluetooth and was able to monitor everything in realtime. Car Scanner is very good app and the free version worked without a hitch, so I upgraded to the Premium Version so that I can save all data from the different times I use the app.
My only request of the developer, which he's probably already doing this, but would be to include more of the specific Make and Model profiles that can be loaded in the Settings portion of the app.
I was able to connect to the Dr. meter ODBII with no problem. I did get an error when setting it up the first time an option popped up to send to developer, which I did. Sv was quick to respond. Once I started the car I was able to set it up with no further errors. I sent an email to the developer asking if there was away to have more than one car set up for things like fuel tanks size, # engine cylinders, engine size e.t.c. Something like a profile. Again he as quick to respond and said it would be added in a later update.
- Stanislav Svistunov
- 117.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 0vZ
- In-App Purchases
- Car Scanner Pro (mid price) $4.99
- Car Scanner Pro (low price) $3.99
- Car Scanner Pro (high price) $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.