By car2go Group GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hop in and drive – car2go member always have access to a car when they spontaneously need one. You can even drive in all European car2go cities with just one account – no matter whether you’re in Rome, Berlin, Madrid or Vienna – just like at home. car2go offers carsharing without fixed points of rental – which means you can just decide you want a car on the spot and then drive it to your destination anywhere in the home area of your city. This way your completely flexible and always have a convenient ride at your disposal – a service as spontaneous as yourself. Yet another benefit: don’t worry about fuel, insurance or parking costs – all of that is already included in the minute price. Also, the process is super easy: let the app guide you to the next car2go, open the car with it, drive to where you’d like to go and then end the rental with you Smartphone again. With car2go you have all the benefits of a car, without owning one. And: sharing is caring – just like you car2go members around the globe – in Europe, North America and China – cleverly share mobility with each other.
These are the features of the official app:
• View all vehicles available for use in your city and worldwide
• Important vehicle information, including approximate street address of the car2go and fuel gauge/charge state for each car2go
• Reserve a vehicle up to 30 minutes in advance of your trip
• Automatic route guidance to the nearest car2go
• Unlock a car2go using your smartphone
• View all car2go designated parking spaces and “Home Areas” for each city
• View your rental history, including departure/destination address and cost of each trip
• Radar functionality that sends a push notification when an available car2go is close by
You want in? Then opt to become a part of the international car2go community which counts more than 1 million members worldwide: register in the app or online on www.car2go.com.
Did you know? car2gos drive around in these cities:
• Europe: Amsterdam, Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Florence, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Rome, Stuttgart, Turin, and Vienna
• North America: Arlington, Austin, Calgary, Columbus, Denver, Minneapolis / St. Paul, Montreal, New York City, Portland, San Diego, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington D.C.
• China: Chongqing
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the app, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.50.0
- Improvements on the app performance
Great service, but Not for all needs
When I need a quick car to go grab something and come back and there's a car available, C2G is awesome. I use it frequently, as I live in The middle of Seattle and we have chosen to have one car. But if I need to take 2 kids somewhere, I need to use Reach or Zipcar. And even with cars blanketing the city, they are often far away. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to see historically where cars get left so I know if I'll be stranded if I leave a car and try to get another in an hour or two.
Not worth the risk if you need to be somewhere
I have used car2go 3 times. 2 times it didn't work and the 4th attempt also failed.
If you park anywhere near the boundary where car2go let's you end a ride, ending a ride fails since car2go's signals incorrectly think you're in the wrong location. I wasted 30 min and had to cancel an appt because of this. Customer service was nice but the hassle was not worth the time or money.
This same thing happened to me a second time.
The last time I tried to unlock my reserved car and the connection kept failing. The customer service rep said you MUST UPDATE YOUR APP EVERY WEEK FOE CAR2go TO WORK?! I don't have time to do that. How about you guys make an app that works without needing weekly updates and fix your geoboundaries so that people can actually use the service as it was intended.
I ended up taking an Uber Pool each time and was using a version of Uber I downloaded 2 months ago and it worked just fine, and also saved the day.
Bad location services
I find that the GPS in the iPhone app is lousy. Often it plots me least half a block away from where I actually am, and sometimes the cars are further away than that from where the app shows them to be.
My bigger is with the service overall. I don't know if this is happening nationally, but in Minneapolis the number of available cars has been DRAMATICALLY reduced. According to the app this morning, there are only 10 available cars right now in the entire city. And that's at 6:30 AM.
What's going on, C2G?
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 2.50.0
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: car2go Group GmbH
- © 2016 Daimler AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.