Carbo includes new drawing capabilities, iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / 3D Touch support, latest iOS: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts.
Carbo lets you capture and organize handwritten notes and sketches, bringing handwriting in the digital age, right on your iPhone and iPad. Carbo's innovative visualization technology sets you free from pixel artefacts, while preserving all expressiveness of your original drawings. Collect notes, design sketches, or whiteboard drawings. With Carbo, you do not draw on screen, but instead use your favorite pen and paper without any constraint.
Tag and annotate your notes for easy retrieval. Store them either on the device itself or in the cloud, with native support for iCloud, Evernote, and Dropbox. Finally, turn your notes and drawings into beautiful creations using a variety of handcrafted export styles and share them with the world.
• Hybrid visualization technology: note picture is cleaned up and turned into a highly accurate monochrome representation. Carbo’s innovative rendering technology offers both the advantages of vector (sharpness) and bitmap (easy editing) techniques.
• Image-based input options: take a new picture, import from camera roll, or import an image from iCloud Drive.
• Drawing support: highly accurate and natural sketching capabilities. Full support for iPad Pro Pencil & 3D Touch pressure sensitivity.
• Note editing: edit any part of your note, i.e. select, resize, relocate, or remove any element. Make strokes thinner or thicker.
• Annotations: add descriptive text to your note. These annotations are archived along with the image, and are globally searchable.
• Tag your notes. Tags are colored for easier detection, and will help you classify notes.
• Notes can be stored either on your device, or in the cloud using Evernote, Dropbox, and iCloud.
• Efficient file-based storage: typical note is 400KB instead of the usual 3MB JPEG of a photo.
• Export styles: choose among 7 beautifully handcrafted styles and their variants to customize your notes (Blackboard/chalks combos, Blueprint, Paper with several pen styles…).
• Up to 1200-dpi black-and-white high-fidelity exports for print.
• Many sharing options: Twitter, Facebook, AirDrop, Mail, Messages, iCloud Drive, Open in (another app)...
• Latest iOS Support: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts
** Help & Feedback **
Visit https://creaceed.com/carbo for more information. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com
Fixed a rare issue that could cause a crash at launch.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for making study notes from textbooks
This is perfect for pulling diagrams and tables out of high yield review texts for classnotes without maintaining the in-book design. I scanned a table and was able to make original looking notes in a concept map format from all the info within a minute.
Realize that this is definitely meant to do that, not much more. The template can only be applied post editing, so you cant write on the paper background you want it in. Only one pen option which you can change the style of in the post editing template area, but not in active editing. The pen absolutely needs to have a smaller line width option - 3 available and to really use this practically, the narrowest setting is where I'd have a highlighter set to.
The app is great for not getting distracted and for what it is. A few minor tweaks would make it excellent, in my opinion.
Master of None
This app is decent at one thing: take a picture of some writing or drawings, and move parts of it around. There are better scanning apps, and there are better note-taking apps, all of which offer more robust organization and sharing options. Carbo does provide a simple, intuitive editing interface. If that is all you are looking for, this is the app for you.
I enjoy using this app for a variety of math applications. I can take pictures of different geometric figures and manipulate them the way I would like, and with the vast array of options such as changing the pen, paper etc. I can really make those things come to life for my students.
- Creaceed SPRL
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 - Creaceed SPRL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.