Carbonize converts your source code into beautiful sharable images through carbon.now.sh.
Easily access the excellent utility you know from the web right from your desktop.
- Easily drag source code onto the Dock icon.
- Send code to Carbonize through the Services menu.
- Drag generated images into Finder, apps or social media.
- Instant, offline image creation.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Multiple themes.
- Multiple fonts.
- Customizable background colors.
- Send images directly to Twitter.
Note that generating images from text is detrimental for people with visual impairment. It also prevents your readers from copy-pasting your snippet into their work. Consider alternatives in the form of regular code blocks with syntax highlighting for websites, adding an image description, or linking to the code in plain text.
Built on top of carbon.now.sh. Carbonize is not affiliated with carbon.now.sh or Dawn Labs.
If you enjoy using Carbonize, consider leaving a tip in the Tip Jar. Find it in the Preferences screen. Thanks!
* Carbonize now defaults to a new rendering method! It's instant, offline and enables supports for custom themes and image backgrounds.
You can optionally switch back to Carbon's server-side rendering by toggling the switch in Preferences.
* I've added an option to bypass the built-in editor and skip to your default browser instead. This might help if you use Chrome and prefer to export images there, while still being able to drag code onto the Dock icon or use the Services menu.
Consider leaving a five star review for Carbonize. Reviews really help other people discover Carbonize as well.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks very clean, great app - Awesome for building tutorials or creating blog posts. Syntax highlighting supports a lot of languages.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review!
Do keep in mind that images aren't easily accessible to people with visual impairment. They won't be able to fully read your tutorials or blog posts if you don't offer an alternative (like a link to the code in a Gist). There are even ways to get Carbon-like syntax highlighting to your sites without generating an image. Might be worth a look!
Can't support long code
Beautiful app but when export long code it will fail.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and review.
I’ve just released version 1.1 which introduces a new way to render the images. Let me know if it exports your longer snippets properly now. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.