CarbsControl - Carb Counter, Carbs Tracker, Nutrition tracker for Diabetes and Low Carb Diets
By Coheso, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect for people with diabetes and those on low-carb diets, CarbsControl App keeps your carbs under control. Thank you for making us the #1 Carb Tracker App!
With 100,000 foods and details from 300 restaurants and 500 specific brands, you’ll know exactly where you stand with your carbs for the day. This App works great with the Atkins Diet, South Beach Diet, the Zone Diet, Protein Power Lifeplan, Go Lower Diet, and other low-carb plans. It’s also helpful for those trying to lose weight or maintain their current weight by cutting back extra carb calories. This App helps you stick to your carb goals even when eating out. The CarbsControl Carb Counter App manages your carbs for you to leave more time and energy for the rest of life.
Features of the CarbsControl Carb Counter App include:
* Carbohydrate and other nutrition details for over 100,000 foods, 500 specific food brands, and 300 popular fast food and casual dining restaurants
* Internet connection not needed for using the app
* Set carb goals on a per meal basis
* Supports US and SI (metric) units
* Keep track of your current carb and net carb count meal by meal
* Adjust serving sizes to see the exact amount of carbs and net carbs in your meals
* Create a "favorites" list for the foods you regularly eat for quick entry.
* Includes carbs for drinks
* Create pre-set entry categories like "100 calorie snack" or "morning coffee with creamer"
* Add customized information for other packaged foods
* See daily carb totals
* A complete restaurant list is available at http://www.carbscontrol.com/main/nutridata
* Creates an automatic food journal
* Edit or delete any entry from the carb diary
* Incorporates a regularly updated food database every time you update this App
* Email your log information that can be opened by any spreadsheet program.
* With multi-device sync add-on, you can share data among multiple devices and view your data online at www.carbscontrol.com. In addition, with this add-on, you can also backup and restore data to a new phone or tablet.
Carb counting made easy with CarbsControl Carb Tracker App!
Since 2003, Coheso, based in Pleasanton, California has been making health management tools. Healthy eating tips and other useful information are at http://www.coheso.com
What's New in Version 7.1
Fix display issue in nutrition details
Update: version 7.1
I find a lot of the features of this app useful and as stated below, it seemed worth some of the chunkiness and glitches. Now it's freezing all the time, in manual input mode you CAN enter protein but you can't see that you are because the screen covers the field, and now it just grays out when I go to add a food via the + button or if I try to adjust the serving/portion. It's basically not workable. I give it two stars out of hopefulness - please fix this app.
This app has been extremely helpful with tracking both calories and carbs and I expect to see good results at my next Dr visit! Some challenges: a little too brand heavy and not so healthy chains but there are a couple of good organic/healthy brands to go to. I do think that is an issue with most apps though so only a half star off for that. Also, there are a few cross-referencing issues with the brand search - perhaps those entered manually? - and word order is too fixed in the search function but after a week or so, you just start searching in alternative ways to find things. That could be fixed though. Pros: I love the home screen - everything number you need right there with a graphic of your carb/protein/fats at a glance.
Had this app about 5 minutes
I'm already getting the feeling I will be disappointed. I went to make my very first log. I had an Atkins Advantage bar this morning. App says 12g net carbs. Which is incorrect. It's 3g net carbs. I specifically bought this app because none of the other weight loss and dietary entry apps I have tried the last 7 months count NET carbs. That's the key piece I need and for $3 I didn't get that with this app. Also a bar-code scanning option would be nice with this app. Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have.
I plan on keeping it, and possibly playing around with it, but I'm disappointed I don't even have the option to edit the Atkins bar info if you search it in the prepackaged list.
This app offers all the features I look for: it synchs across multiple devices, has a back up, does the calculations and tracks calories. It is a little difficult to navigate at first. I tried using this app for a week and its been crashing, the index of foods is limited and the options to enter foods is often glitchy- I have had problems entering the protein quantities.
I hope they fix these problems but I am going to try a different app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 04, 2014
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coheso, Inc
- © Coheso, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Backup and Sync Data$3.99